Bottle Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Here. $100-$400. That's what id be willing to pay. I see quiet a big variation based on circumstance. $100 for the tiny one. $400 for the one they debate selling to us because it looks so good.

Yeah I have a twin that the dam didn't claim. Thought I might try and sell this one instead of feeding it out. She's a nice purebred simmental. Thanks for the replies I haven't kept up with baby calf prices for a little while.

She's a beautiful calf! In my situation, my best friend had a cow that lost her 1 day old calf in the raging creek and she snatched up my rejected calf (heifer is going to town) and she also bought the twin for one of her cows whose calf got stepped on at the bale. Win-win situation for all, especially the calves because they now have mamas that totally love them and plenty of milk. Amazingly, grafting/adopting both calves took less than a day.

Good luck!

Saw a calf sell today at the Toppenish (Wash.) Livestock Auction while watching online go for $400 (it might have been $375). Couldn't have been much older than 1 week; looked to be Black Angus.

That's a great looking calf! In my area beef bottle calves are going for $300 to $550. If she was my calf, in my area I'd put her on Craigslist for $400 and come down , to $350 if necessary.

Latest posts