Bottle Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

4C Ranch

Reaction score
I have been bottle feeding a 28 day old calf for about 7 days, seems to be going OK, in the a.m. he has a little white liquid running in his eyes and also in one ear. Was thinking of using LA200 or NuFlor to try to clear in up. Has anyone had this experience?

Sounds like an ear infection .Draxxin works better on ear infections.You can use LA 200 or LS 50 ,but if it worsens or you start to see one ear droop,go right to the draxxin.

Larry

My vet even prescribed it, said it was good for scours and pnemonia. Call a vet, it was only a couple dollars for a loaded needle. It pulled my bottle calves through this year. Donna

donnaIL":22h0ijad said:
My vet even prescribed it, said it was good for scours and pnemonia. Call a vet, it was only a couple dollars for a loaded needle. It pulled my bottle calves through this year. Donna

Donna,

The Draxxin may have made a big difference, but YOU, m'dear, pulled your bottle calves thru the year. :)

Alice

Thanks for the input...calf is doing OK...in all the years I'm run cattle this is the first orphan calf I have had to deal with, any input is helpful as I don't know what I am doing...does he need to be exercised?

Put him out ~ sunshine itself will do a world of good. He can play when he wants and rest when he needs to. Glad he is doing OK.