border opening

Help Support CattleToday:

jerry27150

Reaction score
talked to a man from r-calf at farm show in kansas city & he claims that canada is paying farmers 286 dollars a calf to hold them til the border opens. any truth to this?

Nope - it's 200 bucks Canadian - 162.60 U.S. bucks - less in some places and the story is not quite what he told you.

Been enough talk on here about it you can look it up if you really want - I'm not going into that valley of death again.

Bez

jerry27150":164fqmnx said:
talked to a man from r-calf at farm show in kansas city & he claims that canada is paying farmers 286 dollars a calf to hold them til the border opens. any truth to this?

As Bez say,s maximun was 200 in some provinces ,others were less than that..a lot of guys like me did,nt participate in the program as their calves did not suit the program and I could not afford to hold them anyway.

beware of R- calfs half truths.

now frenchie,

Let's not get started - I am still waiting for my money - and do we REALLY want to start another rcalf war?

Let him do his own research

Lottsa' posts in a very short time tells me whole bunch of things about him.

You ever call my friend about feed oats?

I am off to Toronto Wednesday to tell the Provincials their ag program sucks - let you know how it goes.

Stay well - we are to be buried in snow tonight and tomorrow if the weather guessers are not telling another fib.

Bez

And the $200 was only for animals that must be tagged RFID and guaranteed not to be sold for slaughter until 2006. Also that's Canadian dollars, not US. So if you do the math, that $200 is supposed to help feed and care for the animal from the fall when you would have normally sold it for the next year and a half.

Factor into that the fact that everybody up here has had their calf checks cut by about a third (Nov sale data compared to previous years) due to BSE industry caused crisis, no offense, but in my books I wouldn't get too excited about it.

Not worth anyone getting their gonchies in a knot over.

Take care.

CA

:shock:

Same advice as to frenchie ....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8)

Bez

Bez":npfk31sv said:
now frenchie,

Let's not get started - I am still waiting for my money - and do we REALLY want to start another rcalf war?

Let him do his own research

Lottsa' posts in a very short time tells me whole bunch of things about him.

You ever call my friend about feed oats?

I am off to Toronto Wednesday to tell the Provincials their ag program sucks - let you know how it goes.

Stay well - we are to be buried in snow tonight and tomorrow if the weather guessers are not telling another fib.

Bez

Bez I found forage oats about 10 miles from here , so no I did not phone your friend about oats.

Good luck in Toronto you will need it.

keep your snow shovel handy. :lol:

Latest posts