On The Border Post

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
Wasn't political.
It was simply a link to an article about what's happening in our country.
I don't feel it should have been locked.
But that's your call. I'll respect your decisions but we also would expect a little more professionalism.
" if you don't like it move on " response isn't warranted and rude.

Solely my option.

Cross-7":2c7r116x said:
Wasn't political.
But that's your call. I'll respect your decisions but we also would expect a little more professionalism.

Solely my option.

Cross: you mean "Solely my opinion?"

BTW: I read it before it was locked and to be candid, I thought - this is going to be locked or deleted.

Bright Raven":a7sfj5wt said:
Cross-7":a7sfj5wt said:
Wasn't political.

Solely my option.

BTW: I read it before it was locked and to be candid, I thought - this is going to be locked or deleted.

Why? It was a factual article about the hazards of living along a very dangerous border in the US of A. Most of the legal residents are ranchers and/or farmers and this is a cattle forum. I thought it was appropriate.

TennesseeTuxedo":3jqsqihb said:
Bright Raven":3jqsqihb said:
Cross-7":3jqsqihb said:
Wasn't political.

Solely my option.

Why? It was a factual article about the hazards of living along a very dangerous border in the US of A. Most of the legal residents are ranchers and/or farmers and this is a cattle forum. I thought it was appropriate.

I will use Mod2's previous response to you on the other Border Thread:

Apparently you didn't get the point.

Now, Move On, Penguin.

callmefence":10se5muk said:
Cross-7":10se5muk said:
callmefence":10se5muk said:
I don't care much for cafe tex-mex but on the border ain't that bad.

The nachos are awesome there

Better than most.

Best Mexican food I have ever eaten was in Bismarck, North Dakota. However, when the wind chill is 20 degrees below zero on April 7th. Anything tastes good if you are eating where it is warm.

Best Mexican food I ever had was on a construction site. We ate lunch with the concrete crew. They had avocados they had cut the top just enough to dig the meat and seeds out. Mixed the avocados with ground meat tomatoes, onion , cilantro some cheese, some sour cream, you name it..... they stuffed it back into the avocado rind and put the top back on, wrapped in plastic wrap and iced down in a Styrofoam cooler.
You just took the top off and ate it with a spoon. The avocado stayed fresh and green. One of those meals you don't forget

Cross-7":j4jal7sr said:
Wasn't political.

Solely my option.

You posted an article with political links at the end.
Against the rules!
If you don't like those rules contact Macon.
This is the last time I am dealing with this issue.

TennesseeTuxedo":7przv2z6 said:
Out of curiosity, if the article was posted without the links you mentioned would that be allowed?

Curiosity Killed the Cat.

Translation:

proverb
being inquisitive about other people's affairs may get you into trouble.

TennesseeTuxedo":1sv4ejj1 said:
Out of curiosity, if the article was posted without the links you mentioned would that be allowed?

I don't see that as an issue for someone to flag the post in this instance.
Or an issue I would take action on.

Bright Raven":jhawkkkx said:
callmefence":jhawkkkx said:
Cross-7":jhawkkkx said:
The nachos are awesome there

Better than most.

Best Mexican food I have ever eaten was in Bismarck, North Dakota. However, when the wind chill is 20 degrees below zero on April 7th. Anything tastes good if you are eating where it is warm.

Street tacos in Mexico City. Way more better than Bismark.

Those folks in the article only want a wall so they can keep that good barbwire fence taken down and have something to keep the cows in. Pretty sorry fence in my opinion.

Farm Fence Solutions":6vk28uiz said:
Bright Raven":6vk28uiz said:
callmefence":6vk28uiz said:
Better than most.

Street tacos in Mexico City. Way more better than Bismark.

Not when the wind chill is 20 below. That never happens in Mexico.

I remember my first Coal Mine Inspection in North Dakota. About 1984. I flew from Casper Wyoming into Bismarck on Big Scare Airways (Big Sky Airways). It was About April. I had scheduled the trip hoping the weather was reasonable. Turned out, they were having an early spring cold spell. The wind chill was miserable. I was underdressed. That evening, the State Inspectors took me to a Mexican restaurant. The food was good but the best part was that I was warm!

hurleyjd":2p3aphn3 said:
Those folks in the article only want a wall so they can keep that good barbwire fence taken down and have something to keep the cows in. Pretty sorry fence in my opinion.

I expect you'd get tired of trespassers constantly cutting your fences as they crossed your property uninvited.

TennesseeTuxedo":2ijw1drt said:
hurleyjd":2ijw1drt said:

I expect you'd get tired of trespassers constantly cutting your fences as they crossed your property uninvited.

Might be why that is a 'pretty sorry fence'...Down in that part of the world, it might make FFS a rich man, ranchers keeping enough gripples on hand ('embracing the doodad') to constantly be fixing those frequently cut fences..

Latest posts