Bootleg haircuts

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Gave my 6th homegrown haircut to a family member this morning. Left one pretty noticeable gap in it. I would have to say it looked better after than before though. Anybody else hittin bottom and havin to cut hair at home?

The spousal unit cut mine last week. Didn't do too bad, but took her nearly 45 minutes...scissors only.
Heck..I ain't going anywhere anyone can see me and I ain't exactly a slave to fashion anyway.

I am bald headed and plan on letting the sides, ear hairs and eyebrows grow out and create a comb over like no one has seen before.

The day after I walked for graduation I bought a trimmer from wal-mart and started buzzing my own hair. I refused to pay $20 for a hair cut. Every now and then I could find small place, usually a women's salon, that would trim up my kneck for me for a couple bucks. Now that I'm not going to work every day I decided to let it grow out. I paid for a trim to go to a wedding right before every thing shut down. I've been able to keep it trimmed up. It's tough getting use to hair again. We will see if it makes it thru the summer.

My name is fence and I have a haircut phobia.

Only my wife, my mother, my grandmother and a few very trusted girlfriends ( before my wife of course) have ever cut my hair. Sometimes I get pretty shaggy. When my hat starts blowing off its time for a haircut.

Had to give a couple high and tights. Son #2 was activated this past week (Natl Guard) and needed clipped. Son #3 saw the cut and requested the same. I used to clip hair for some side money when I was a broke E-2.

I have my mom cut my hair. She trimmed cattle for 30 years, so she knows how to handle a pair of clippers.

Most women can't handle my lushes hair, and end up fainting.

callmefence said:
My name is fence and I have a haircut phobia.

Only my wife, my mother, my grandmother and a few very trusted girlfriends ( before my wife of course) have ever cut my hair. Sometimes I get pretty shaggy. When my hat starts blowing off its time for a haircut.

That's about what my criteria for when I need a haircut as well.. 2-3 times a year seems to be my pace

I've always shaved my head in the summer, since high school I haven't paid for a hair cut but 5-6 times (Weddings/Funerals) I've got cow clippers and shave it off, but you can plan on it snowing in June about 2 days after I get it shaved! For about 2 weeks you don't have to hold your hat at any speed on the UTV, it's like velcro!

My wife has been doing mine for about a decade. Got the kit for $30, so in 1 1/2 cuts I got my money back. I do about 5-6 trims a year, so I figure I'm saving about $120/yr.

A flowbee and a good vacuum cleaner is all you need......

https://www.svmproducts.com/products/flowbee-haircutting-system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK7_VSpTyVY

My youngest son sent me this picture a couple years ago. (He was not quite 40 when he sent it to me) He keeps his hair really short nowadays but when he and his 2 brothers were young, wanted it long.They wanted to spend a couple of weeks one summer with Papa (my father) and the first thing Dad did was give all 3 a haircut. He sent the picture captioned just as it is. (Dad died in 2007 1 day short of 90 yrs old)

Same son last year

Dad used to cut mine and my brother's hair about every 3rd Sunday morning before time to dress for Sunday school. I hated 'em too. He only knew one way to cut it.
I usually get about 3 haircuts/year at the most. One right before Easter, another when it has grown out late summer (Aug) and I can't stand it in my eyes as sweat drips down and burns my eyes, and another right before Thanksgiving which gets me thru Christmas..it pleases my 2 older sisters. Spent too many years in the military cut high & tight every month and clean shaven every day, then nearly 20 years close cut so a hardhat would stay on and 4-5 more years working in radiation remediation where I had to wear hardhat with a close fitting respirator and face shield on. I let it all run now and the barbers can just starve...

I'm bald on top, and clip what hair I have on the shortest setting about every 5 days. Wore a flat top back in the day.

The local barber will still cut hair you just have to make arrangements to do it.

Gwen Stefani Gives Blake Shelton a Quarantine Haircut.............pretty neat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/gwen-stefani-gives-blake-shelton-a-quarantine-haircut-on-the-tonight-show-with-jimmy-fallon/ar-BB12AD3o?li=BBnb2gh

Their new song is pretty neat also......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9o0Gujuoc

greybeard said:
My youngest son sent me this picture a couple years ago. (He was not quite 40 when he sent it to me) He keeps his hair really short nowadays but when he and his 2 brothers were young, wanted it long.They wanted to spend a couple of weeks one summer with Papa (my father) and the first thing Dad did was give all 3 a haircut. He sent the picture captioned just as it is. (Dad died in 2007 1 day short of 90 yrs old)

Same son last year

Dad used to cut mine and my brother's hair about every 3rd Sunday morning before time to dress for Sunday school. I hated 'em too. He only knew one way to cut it.
I usually get about 3 haircuts/year at the most. One right before Easter, another when it has grown out late summer (Aug) and I can't stand it in my eyes as sweat drips down and burns my eyes, and another right before Thanksgiving which gets me thru Christmas..it pleases my 2 older sisters. Spent too many years in the military cut high & tight every month and clean shaven every day, then nearly 20 years close cut so a hardhat would stay on and 4-5 more years working in radiation remediation where I had to wear hardhat with a close fitting respirator and face shield on. I let it all run now and the barbers can just starve...
Like an old man here that cut hair on his front porch 50 cents a head..go there with the long hair..he'd say I only know how to cut one way..and that's ""off""..

Latest posts