book

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Despite it turning out to be a crappy day, I found a book that a lot of you reccommended to begginner folks starting they're own seedstock operation: Storey's Guide to Raising Beef Cattle. It's a good book, and simple and straightforward, and I'm already starting to read it on my own terms.

i just picked up grass fed cattle a couple days ago and just browsing few its given me lots of ideas. I want storeys also, does anyone know if there is a lot of difference between the two?

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl":37avjifp said:
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know if there is a GOOD book all about cattle. Something along the lines from birth to death, kind of like a book all about cattle.
Thanks

The one I mentioned would be the one. This book ain't only good, but it's excellent. I know there are some other ones out there, but from what I know NOW, this is probably the best for what your asking for.

I had someone on here also recommend Storey's Guide to Raising Beef Cattle, and i have read about half, It has helped me understand alot, Great read! I just may pick up Grass Fed Cattle as well but then again i love too read, but i learn more hands on but dont get too experince it that much, only when i go too my uncles farm, He learned it the hard way its his life, but he said write stuff down and he would try and show me first hand what they are talking about. the bad thing is our farm is 6 hours away, but i hope too be there someday, The other thing is he had 3 girls and none of there husbands show any interest in cattle let alone Farming, he always says iam going too need a crash course, I said where do you find that book, and he just laughs