Bolt Bin

Help Support CattleToday:

Mid South Guy

Reaction score
Getting tired of running to the hardware store to just get a bolt that will work. Hdw. store mgr. said his bolt supplier has a program where they will drop ship the bins, bolts, and resupply orders. My question is how many bins would you get, and what sizes would you put in them? As I think about it the only one that comes to mind is 3/8 X 2-1/4 shear pins.

Our local TSC sells standard Grade 5 bulk nuts/bolts/washers for $2/lb. Every once in while I'll grab a handful of 5-10 different things. This keeps me pretty well stocked with most any hardware I'll use, without spending a fortune. You may go through a lot more than me, so this may not work for everyone. I always throw a handful of shear bolts in the tool box on the tractor to save a drive back to the house.

I buy mine from Lawson products, buy when they have a special on an get a compleat set and bins for one price. You might have the same rep as me if your close enough to Memphis. If you want I'll PM his # or you can just go to the web site. They are all grade 8 too, really like there products.

Latest posts