Blood in stool

Help Support CattleToday:

The Rookie

Reaction score
This is my first market steer(i've lived on a sheep farm since i was born though). I just bought him at a club calf sale in september. He eats all his grain and hay, and drinks plenty of water. I wormed him with valbazen on 10-11-08. Yesterday, i noticed blood in his stool. It's not there every time he goes either. Is this normal or is there something wrong? What should i do you treat him? Thanx

His stool is normally formed, there's a little blood in occasionally. he does hunch over a bit when he goes though.

The Rookie":2y5tn00v said:
This is my first market steer(i've lived on a sheep farm since i was born though). I just bought him at a club calf sale in september. He eats all his grain and hay, and drinks plenty of water. I wormed him with valbazen on 10-11-08. Yesterday, i noticed blood in his stool. It's not there every time he goes either. Is this normal or is there something wrong? What should i do you treat him? Thanx
might of had a pretty good parisite load and got his stomach and intestinal track irratated

Latest posts