bloated calf!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

britneen

Reaction score
ok i have a bull calf that is about to be 2 months he is still on his mother and just recently he has started to stay off by himself always laying around never playin with the others calves and he is very bloated...didnt really think much off it just thought that he was lazy until i had to walk him back to the barn today so i could keep an eye on him! He is very bloated and his nose is running and i can hear his tummy making growling noises!?!?! Does anyone know what this could be and what i can do??

Have you ever run a small, yet long, piece hose down a calf's throat? It's got to reach all the way into his gut. That should relieve the pressure.

Also, I'ver read here that a full bottle of tums can do the trick.

Or, you might call the vet or someone that you know that has worked with cattle/calves to come run a tube down it's throat.

Whatever you decide, make it quick.

Alice

You might try about 30 cc of mineral oil. Pepto Bismol or Kaopectate will also help out a tummy problem. Could possibly be an ulcer, and if it has perforated, you are out of luck. You might want to talk to your vet.

yeah i talked to the vet and she said to try pepto so i did that i guess we will see what happens!!! Hopefully it works thanks for yalls responses!!

Latest posts