bloat?

Help Support CattleToday:

TNfamilyfarm

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up a "weaned" jersey calf maybe mid thight high but he has a big belly! It is obviously much larger than it should be. It looks very healthy other than that. his ears,eyes,demeaner all point to healthy. Since I have had it(2 days) it is eatting hay and drinking water without difficulty, pooping and peeing as well. Does he have bloat? If so how do I rid him of it?

I will post a pic ASAP. justed wanted to pick your brains, its been a while since I have had a calf like this.

You don;t say the age, but if all of his "functions" are normal and he's bright eyed it sound like you have just a typical improperly raised bottle calf.

Hey Dunn I can always count on you for a quick reply. I would have guessed a little more depth or insight! Okay so we label it an improperly raised bottle calf, was is the solution? I would guess him at 2 months old?

TNfamilyfarm":226pcio0 said:
Hey Dunn I can always count on you for a quick reply. I would have guessed a little more depth or insight! Okay so we label it an improperly raised bottle calf, was is the solution? I would guess him at 2 months old?
The solution is feeding him a good quality grain of aorund 16% protein and good grass hay. It will take time but by a yearling you'll never know he was potty

Latest posts