Blackjack!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hard to tell from the photo that he is in the 2K pound range, he may just be taller than any Limousin I've owned. I just sold our last Limousin bull a few weeks ago and he was in the 1800 pound range and looked a lot bigger than your bull.

I am no expert by any means but your bull just don't quite look like any Limousin I have owned. I was having a tough time putting it into words so I asked my 10 yo. daughter what made your bull look different than any we have had and she said," looks like a cows head on a bulls body". I'd have to agree. It may just be the way the photo is taken but he seems to have an Angus cows head and a bulls body.

If he is doing his job and the calves he sires brings in close to the top or at the top of the sale average for the day he is right for you and your herd.

J

WORANCH":2b6nis2b said:
Caustic Burno":2b6nis2b said:
MikeC":2b6nis2b said:
Caustic Burno":2b6nis2b said:
First why would post a picture of that Bull, second I have never seen a limo with a sheath like that of a Brammer. If that bulll is full limo I am a japanese airline pilot.

Kamikazee airline pilot? :lol:

He looks a lot like some of the "Purebred Angus" bulls sold and raised by a neighbor. Horns included. Papers and all.

ROTFLMAO did they buy them in Oklahoma. I went and looked he is from Ok how funny.

I had an angus bull that about a third of his calves had horns.

Sorry, WO, but that wasn't a fullblooded angus bull. Angus are polled, and polled is dominant. There is no way a first cross to an angus cow or bull could throw anything but polled. Now, second cross - yes.

I say if he is getting er done for you in the end product, and settling the cows then who is to judge his looks. If he is sitting at 2,000 in that condition he must be a monster when, or if, he ever puts on weight. Try putting him on some grass! :D His bone looks light for his size, and I not sure if I like how his shoulder sets, but it could be the photo.

Now that the dust has settled.....here we go again. This Bull gives off black calfs, his color has been dominant with any other color. I'm thinking of buying hereford heifers and cross them with him. I think the result would be nice looking calfs.
Now....what do you think?

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2yge04hz said:
That still doesnt change the fact that he is a homozygous black brahman limo cross that needs some groceries and is a peter dragger.

Bullbuyer":whfmos3m said:
Bombadeer to Pilot Caustic - ready to commence bombing run on the black bull - over...

Bullbyer come in Bullbuyer... Commencing bombing run B-17 on auto to Broken Bow you have control, over... Bombay doors open expect heavy flack over...

Caustic Burno":1x3s0z4h said:
Bullbuyer":1x3s0z4h said:
Bombadeer to Pilot Caustic - ready to commence bombing run on the black bull - over...

Bullbyer come in Bullbuyer... Commencing bombing run B-17 on auto to Broken Bow you have control, over... Bombay doors open expect heavy flack over...

And I thought those were just tornado sirens going off last night. Must've been you guys. :shock:

cypressfarms":3ek6rvl6 said:
WORANCH":3ek6rvl6 said:
Caustic Burno":3ek6rvl6 said:
MikeC":3ek6rvl6 said:
Caustic Burno":3ek6rvl6 said:
First why would post a picture of that Bull, second I have never seen a limo with a sheath like that of a Brammer. If that bulll is full limo I am a japanese airline pilot.

Kamikazee airline pilot? :lol:

He looks a lot like some of the "Purebred Angus" bulls sold and raised by a neighbor. Horns included. Papers and all.

ROTFLMAO did they buy them in Oklahoma. I went and looked he is from Ok how funny.

Sorry, WO, but that wasn't a fullblooded angus bull. Angus are polled, and polled is dominant. There is no way a first cross to an angus cow or bull could throw anything but polled. Now, second cross - yes.

I know , but He came from a local Angus breeder .

I dont buy bulls from him anymore.

WORANCH":uidsh8zl said:

Then it sounds like you fell in the same pit as allot of other so called "Angus" buyers. What you meant is you bought a black bull... :D

Caustic Burno":7en0bgat said:
Bullbuyer":7en0bgat said:

My ex lives in Broken Bow, and he owes me almost 60K in child support, so make sure you level it!! I'll never see that money anyway. :x

Gliderider":2zvipws9 said:
Caustic Burno":2zvipws9 said:
Bullbuyer":2zvipws9 said:

My ex lives in Broken Bow, and he owes me almost 60K in child support, so make sure you level it!! I'll never see that money anyway. :x

Dang 60K is lots of diaper money. I would be on that boys butt! I hate dead beat dads, I have 4 different fathers to 4 of my nieces and nephews that none of their dads pay there Child support.

You might need to send in a bomber with a baseball bat on him ;-)

houstoncutter":299n7exd said:
Cypress, ol Hatchet Butt has been replaced.........

You got me there. At least hatchett butt's lineage is documented, since he's a registered Brangus. I'm going to have to go over and take some up to date pictures of hatchett and post them, to see if anyone thinks he's graduated to ax butt :lol:

We're all glad that you are happy with your breeding program. But, you asked, and as everyone has said, your bull isn't much to look at. What they haven't said, which surprises me, is that the calf isn't much to look at either. Slope butted, bad sheath (just like dad's) and light weight. 550 at 7 months is not something to brag about, but maybe in your area/heat it is OK.
Yes, your bull will give you polled black white face calves, if he is homozygous black and the cows are truly polled herefords.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":obpobb38 said:
What they haven't said, which surprises me, is that the calf isn't much to look at either.

Jeanne, stop already. Let em absorb the bull stuff first. They are way too busy to busy to worry about quality improvement, or increasing calf weights or the momma's milking ability. :) Besides, I want to make sure we keep em on here so I got a shot at some double yoked hard boiled eggs!

1848":1znvsggp said:
WORANCH":1znvsggp said:

Then it sounds like you fell in the same pit as allot of other so called "Angus" buyers. What you meant is you bought a black bull... :D

Well it's like buying a ring eyed Hereford. your not getting a Hereford.

WORANCH":ndlfjhb6 said:
1848":ndlfjhb6 said:
WORANCH":ndlfjhb6 said:

Well it's like buying a ring eyed Hereford. your not getting a Hereford.

Tushe' :lol: However. pigmented Herefords have always been around, breeders just concentrate on the trait more making it more dominant today. Some do concentrate on it with a little simmi though! :lol: :lol: ;-)

Latest posts