Blackjack!

Help Support CattleToday:

jtlmcgehee

Reaction score
Hi, here's a pic of Blackjack. He's a sound bull and hasn't failed to get the job done! I'm just wondering what you folks think of him...he's limo almost 4 years old and over 2000 pounds.

Tommy

2005_1217Image0040.JPG

Blackjack's fist offspring....now that's a nice looking calf. Sold for 1.30 a pound not bad for a 550 pound calf 7 months after he was born.

Picture_004.jpg

Looks like another crossbred bull that someone kept for a herd bull instead of going and buying a good bull.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":1s8zokxt said:
I hate horns and he looks like crap. That is all i can say about it. Looks like a semi-peter dragger to. Doesnt really have a tight sheath.

I have to say I agree about the horns: he'd look a might better without them. I'd like to suggest to get a full side view of him though, get a better look at him.

Karin

Mom always said: "If you don't have nothin' nice to say, then don't say nothing at all."

So...

cfpinz

First why would post a picture of that Bull, second I have never seen a limo with a sheath like that of a Brammer. If that bulll is full limo I am a japanese airline pilot.
Third Limo's are red that is an Angus crossbred.

horrid sheath for a limousin. ive used lots of limousin bulls and even limang bulls and never seen a sheath like that on em. i too wonder if hes got a little ear in there somewhere.

Caustic Burno":1tjau2cv said:
First why would post a picture of that Bull, second I have never seen a limo with a sheath like that of a Brammer. If that bulll is full limo I am a japanese airline pilot.

Kamikazee airline pilot? :lol:

He looks a lot like some of the "Purebred Angus" bulls sold and raised by a neighbor. Horns included. Papers and all.

MikeC":118jwmld said:
Caustic Burno":118jwmld said:

He looks a lot like some of the "Purebred Angus" bulls sold and raised by a neighbor. Horns included. Papers and all.

ROTFLMAO did they buy them in Oklahoma. I went and looked he is from Ok how funny.

I can usually look past the lack of condition as a sign of getting to work. I would give him a parasiticide and put some weight on him. I don't like the horns or the pecker. he is narrow up front from what i can tell and weak over the top. Fix all of those problems and he would be real nice. Some weight would definetly make him look nicer.

Caustic Burno":33ba67h3 said:
MikeC":33ba67h3 said:
Caustic Burno":33ba67h3 said:

ROTFLMAO did they buy them in Oklahoma. I went and looked he is from Ok how funny.

I had an angus bull that about a third of his calves had horns.

I'm new to the cattle business and mostly do it as a hobby but I do like the extra income and enjoy watching these little guys come into this world. Thank you for the comments possitive and negative ones...
2006_0306Image0043.JPG
[/img]

jtlmcgehee, If your happy then I'm happy, to each his own! You keep doing what you like and you will never hear me downing it. If you need advice or have any questions you know where to find me.Best of luck!
ROD

Rod":y0h7aosw said:
jtlmcgehee, If your happy then I'm happy, to each his own! You keep doing what you like and you will never hear me downing it. If you need advice or have any questions you know where to find me.Best of luck!
ROD

I agree with Rod, if you are happy that is what counts, But you did ask what we thought of him and he is not looking very good.

But to end on a positive note, your fence looks nice.

ps. can a bull get the sheath and not the ears from a Brahman? Or is it possible to get a sheath like this with out Brahman hiding in the wood pile?

Latest posts