Black Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

You stole my punch line, I bred my polled Hereford herd to a black angus bull bull last year, should have baldies coming at the end of March ....... I wanted the Black Hereford jab! :cry2:

Nice looking calves!
:tiphat:

Alan":30fvi7k1 said:
You stole my punch line, I bred my polled Hereford herd to a black angus bull bull last year, should have baldies coming at the end of March ....... I wanted the Black Hereford jab! :cry2:

Nice looking calves!
:tiphat:

Post the pics there is plenty of jabbing room.
I would like to see them.

Here's mine!

IMAG1627.jpg

Great Humor!! When we accidently got a baldy calf years ago we called them black herefords and laughed about it. We were so far ahead of the times. About 1950 my dad and uncle who were traveling cattle and horse traders gave I and my sister's a couple of black baldie steer calves said they didnt pay to ship to major commision firms because the feeder's would'nt buy them, called them holstein or some dairy cross. Boy has times changed!!

Beef Man":30jlpwwa said:
Great Humor!! When we accidently got a baldy calf years ago we called them black herefords and laughed about it. We were so far ahead of the times. About 1950 my dad and uncle who were traveling cattle and horse traders gave I and my sister's a couple of black baldie steer calves said they didnt pay to ship to major commision firms because the feeder's would'nt buy them, called them holstein or some dairy cross. Boy has times changed!!

They still docked them up here into the 80's. It's only in the last 20 years that black took off around here. There are some big black herds near here (400-500 cows) that were all Hereford/Simmental/Charolais even 15 years ago.