Black Friday

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
So if all the stores sold out of all their specials, were they understocked or is the economy finally getting better?

Inventory was down 30% this year vs. last year.

And as to those super low priced door buster bargain once in a lifetime buys....

There were only a very few per store. Just enough to get the sheeple in.

grannysoo":9j7x1pkx said:
Inventory was down 30% this year vs. last year.

And as to those super low priced door buster bargain once in a lifetime buys....

There were only a very few per store. Just enough to get the sheeple in.
Yeah, that's how it works. That's why people camp out and stampede when the doors open. That's how it worked last year and that's how it'll work next year.

ga. prime":2hxggo54 said:
Yeah, that's how it works. That's why people camp out and stampede when the doors open. That's how it worked last year and that's how it'll work next year.

Didn't work on me... :dunce:

From what I have heard, stores are only stocking a limited amount of stuff and when it's gone , it's gone. I don't shop on manic Friday myself, but I had to get some more lights for the house. Those LED lights we got last year just suck. You can't see them. Anyway, I was way disappointed in the selection at several stores where we looked. I was also at Kohl's before Thanksgiving and they didn't seem to have as many Christmas decorations, either. I always buy a santa ornament at Kohl's every year. They always have cute stuff. No so much this year, at least at the location where I shop.

rockridgecattle":3b0sc7kl said:
So do you also have boxing day sales in the states like us canucks do?

No. We need one. Sort of a spring cleaning. Between the toys I have, heirloom items from my grandparents, my parents, the wife's grandparents and parents, there's no room left in the house. Most of this stuff can't be put in barn storage. My sisters don't want any of it and I am certainly not tossing out furniture etc. We have had original paintings reframed and some of them are worth a whole lot of nickels. We have had antique furniture restored by professionals.

Three weeks ago we started going through things and a lot of our stuff was thrown away. It was hard to part with some things but I did.

The trucking business is really slow right now, have several people we know that drive truck/are owner operators, and some are just taking time off, rather than take a load, then can't find one to get back home, this is how slow freight is, which is why the stores are low on stock. I noticed the local supercenter, hardly has any toy selection this year, but their electronics dept is booming. Don't see how the economy is going to turn around, when people who have been out fo work for 8-9 months and more, are still out of work, can't find jobs, and cant spend the money this holiday season-seems to be a viscious cycle, with no end in sight.

GMN

GMN":j8jypg95 said:
The trucking business is really slow right now, have several people we know that drive truck/are owner operators, and some are just taking time off, rather than take a load, then can't find one to get back home, this is how slow freight is, which is why the stores are low on stock. I noticed the local supercenter, hardly has any toy selection this year, but their electronics dept is booming. Don't see how the economy is going to turn around, when people who have been out fo work for 8-9 months and more, are still out of work, can't find jobs, and cant spend the money this holiday season-seems to be a viscious cycle, with no end in sight.

GMN

Thank God we passed the stimulous.

HerefordSire":3gcuyn3f said:
GMN":3gcuyn3f said:

GMN

Thank God we passed the stimulous.

The mostly unspent stimulus. First time in my life government couldn't spend every dime.

Okay time to stop the bleeding:

Why not "Spread the Wealth?". Rob the money from the investors who aren't investing anything now and give it to the consumers who aren't consuming anything now? :D

If you are going to spread the wealth, you have to steal it from someone who is wealthy right? How else can it be spread?

backhoeboogie":j3ec6x4z said:
Why not "Spread the Wealth?".

You pegged what is happening. It is being hidden though. You have to do a lot of reading to understand it. I have posted this before....it is a fractal...same pattern just different scales...local, statewide, national, continental, global. Thank God for Robinhood....Rob..in..hood. This could encourage us not to work.

backhoeboogie":1iczu0wv said:
rockridgecattle":1iczu0wv said:
So do you also have boxing day sales in the states like us canucks do?

No. We need one. Sort of a spring cleaning. Between the toys I have, heirloom items from my grandparents, my parents, the wife's grandparents and parents, there's no room left in the house. Most of this stuff can't be put in barn storage. My sisters don't want any of it and I am certainly not tossing out furniture etc. We have had original paintings reframed and some of them are worth a whole lot of nickels. We have had antique furniture restored by professionals.

Three weeks ago we started going through things and a lot of our stuff was thrown away. It was hard to part with some things but I did.
I know what you mean. Got a pile of Picassos and Rembrandts myself with nowhere to put 'em.

I got Al Capone's vault out in the barn. Darn thing! Can't get rid of it. Not to mention that little Jimmy Hoffa problem out in the garden. Nothing grows there... :D

Lammie":t01185fk said:
I got Al Capone's vault out in the barn. Darn thing! Can't get rid of it. Not to mention that little Jimmy Hoffa problem out in the garden. Nothing grows there... :D

Looks like you're trying to get your garden dug up for free. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Latest posts