Black Friday

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Anybody shopping that day? A lot of deals if you get there in time and willing to deal with the crowds and craziness.. I may just wait until cyber Monday.

The wife needs an upgraded computer as I am not sure welter to get an intel core i7 (maybe I9) or a amd Ryzen 7 (maybe Ryzen 9). Not needing one for use to play games just business use mostly. Probably prefer a desktop, but a laptop not out completely.

Last edited:
My family starts arriving today for Thanksgiving week. Here until next Monday. Big hunting fun/party. We generally all trapes out to Walmart for Black Friday. They are amazed at how "polite" all the customers are. They are used to Rhode Island city people.

Anybody shopping that day? A lot of deals if you get there in time and willing to deal with the crowds and craziness.. I may just wait until cyber Monday.

The wife needs an upgraded computer as I am not sure welter to get an intel core i7 (maybe I9) or a amd Ryzen 7 (maybe Ryzen 9). Not needing one for use to play games just business use mostly. Probably prefer a desktop, but a laptop not out completely.
I am the maintenance man, grass cutter and computer and network engineer for my daughter's business. I have decided that the amount of RAM memory is as important as the processor. Replaced her desktops last year with i7 higher speed processors with 32 GB of RAM, SSD "hard drives" and separate video boards with their own dedicated memory. About $2,000 each with software. But performance is much better than before. Old ones were i5 and i7 with 8GB memory with video from the motherboard and had become just about unusable. Takes me 4 to 6 hours to change out and setup a computer with file sharing, printer sharing (old drug label printers require some effort with windows 11), software installations and updates. I do get a free lunch for my efforts. I have settled on Dell desktops and Lenovo laptops. Better processor and more memory means a longer usable life, imo.

I am the maintenance man, grass cutter and computer and network engineer for my daughter's business. I have decided that the amount of RAM memory is as important as the processor. Replaced her desktops last year with i7 higher speed processors with 32 GB of RAM, SSD "hard drives" and separate video boards with their own dedicated memory. About $2,000 each with software. But performance is much better than before. Old ones were i5 and i7 with 8GB memory with video from the motherboard and had become just about unusable. Takes me 4 to 6 hours to change out and setup a computer with file sharing, printer sharing (old drug label printers require some effort with windows 11), software installations and updates. I do get a free lunch for my efforts. I have settled on Dell desktops and Lenovo laptops. Better processor and more memory means a longer usable life, imo.
Thanks, very good information.

Last edited:
Nope, not going out to shop unless it is something I need. Already ordered a new printer, should be here Wednesday.

I bought a new HP laptop, Ryzen 7 5000 series last year and so far I'm happy with it. I am not sure it really makes much difference if you go with Intel or AMD, they are both pretty good.

I own a IT company (copiers as well) For 40 years. If your running a small size business just go with a I7 (I5 would work) and approx 16 GB RAM. 8 will do, if your not playing games no need to upgrade video card. If your using software in the cloud then a 256 SSD will do or a 500 GB HDD. We sell them for under $1000

I get by at home with an older Lenovo Ideapad laptop. Nothing fancy. i3 2.3 ghz with only 8gb ram and 892 gb of storage, of which I haven't used 70gb yet . Worst part is it's crappy sound. I had to get a pair of amplified speakers for it. I've watched tons of youtube vids on it tho.
Had a different Lenovo before this one with W7 on it but the hard drive went out. I actually like it better and kept the thing, figuring at some point I would find a hd for it.

I worked at Walmart several years ago and the computers, printers, and TV's that are sold on Black Friday for cheep are just that, Cheep. They are make just for the Black Friday sales and not the quality of the regular stock.
I do not shop Black Friday, in fact I'll be putting out hay for the cows that day. Not worth the 2hour trip into town for me.

Latest posts