Black Friday

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Okay, be honest...who is going shopping? :p Do you go to town or sit at home and buy online?

Went to town today, streets and malls etc were congested with eager shoppers :shock: . Several local retailers/eateries are offering specials in an attempt to cash in on the hype around this US tradition. Did what I had to do and hightailed it back to the country...fresh air, peace and quiet. Is it Enochlophobia or a patience level? I think a little of both...

Isn't it ironic that the very day after we give Thanks for all that we have, we feel the need to go buy more stuff!! I don't play on Black Friday...

If someone offered me $100 to go do their shopping today, I wouldn't go. I do not like to shop and standing in line for hours today would be close to going to the dentist to find out he is going to pull your two front teeth.

I'm shopping online only. Too much to do the next few days, so a short trip is even out of the question. Got my Carhartt order in this morning and may do a few smaller buys tonight. Deals on this side are really a joke compared to US, even with exchange. Not to mention that most of what I want is not even stocked here because it is usually too high priced and 'not a high seller'.

I don't know, but the feed mill was closed today, so I had to buy a bag of mineral at TSC. It was shoulder to shoulder in there. Also, there mineral is crap but I bought a 50 pound bag.

Neither. The kids/grand kids just want $$$$ so they can buy whatever they want. I'll venture out in the middle of the week after the madness has simmered down to buy the few gifts I need.

TCRanch":jh5qsg93 said:
Neither. The kids/grand kids just want $$$$ so they can buy whatever they want. I'll venture out in the middle of the week after the madness has simmered down to buy the few gifts I need.

One year I put money on the tree with those metal clips for the kids and my sweetie. Problem was our son knew the value of money and was grabbing mom's Christmas presents. I need to do that one again.

Went by tractor supply this afternoon on my way to the feed store to see if anything I wanted was discounted, no luck. If they had fencing material or something like that on special I might have grabbed something. In my small town only 20 people in the store so no fighting a crowd. I hate shopping. I am in and out. I hate ever going to Wal Mart because it turns into a mission to get in and out in a timely manner.

Didn't want to, but had to go. Wife's birthday and she wanted a cake and deserved some 'trinkets'. It was a madhouse but I'm in good shape till next year now.

js1234":294jcb7z said:
Surprised a barn was open today or had any inventory.

Black ANGUS Friday. Usually the best cow sale of the year because most hobby guys have the day off and have not spent all their calf check yet. :cowboy: Sold about 600 breds.

I'm working tonight .. I'm gonna have to go to Academy tomorrow before work.. sure hope they crowd has died down ..

Wow! 11:05 my time just got home from a 19 hr shopping spree! I scored big! I got a 16 piece lego set and two corn dogs! All for under 10 bucks... although I did miss out on a pair of sock for $8, the lady hit me with an umbrella and snatched them. :mad: Time to eat my 11 hour old corn dog and hit the hay. I love black...what day is it?

I made the mistake of stopping at Walmart for groceries on my way to the bunkhouse.
BAD mistake.

I sure wish the local tractor dealers would have Black Friday deals with percentage savings like the retail stores do with TVs...

Latest posts