Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
He was a year on Aug. 1

Your opinions?

hotshot-nh-03.jpg

hotshot-nh-02.jpg

hotshot-nh-01.jpg

Ryan, I'm not as smart as some people who can evaluate a bull from a photo. I'd need more info: breed, EPDs, weights....

Frankie":1643cwif said:
Ryan, I'm not as smart as some people who can evaluate a bull from a photo. I'd need more info: breed, EPDs, weights....

Well what are your opinions of his phenotype, based just off these 3 pictures?

Ryan":2dop0bib said:
Frankie":2dop0bib said:

Well what are your opinions of his phenotype, based just off these 3 pictures?

I don't put much faith in a picture, but I don't see anything wrong with his phenotype. He doesn't have much butt, but he doesn't look like he's had enought to eat to fill out like I'd like. Not knowing his breed, I can't compare him to others I've seen.

Is he a Brangus?

Looks like he could be OK but could use some groceries to make full potential

3waycross":3cmmn5ol said:
Is he a Brangus?

look at the head.....not a brangus head..if he is what i think he is he has probably been getting plenty of groceries. to look as good as he does. which is pretty decent for what he is that i think he is :p

warpaint":1vy5la45 said:
Ryan, have you been photo cropping again?

Me thinks somethin rotten in Denmark!!!!! :lol:

Ok...I give...what breed is it? :p

Alice

WORANCH":3n97j0xx said:
Must be a little detail work also . :shock: in pic 2

Oh...ok! I see the shadow of the horn on the bull's shoulder. :)

Alice

ALACOWMAN":37u4vdbv said:
3waycross":37u4vdbv said:
Is he a Brangus?

look at the head.....not a brangus head..if he is what i think he is he has probably been getting plenty of groceries. to look as good as he does. which is pretty decent for what he is that i think he is :p

Heck, what do I know: I thought with that head and the way the ears drop, plus he has enough extra skin to make a set of luggage. I figured he had to have some Bramer in him somewhere.

You're right thats a lot of crown on that head. Maybe somebody will fess up and say what he is.

He is a Longhorn. 100%. I photoshopped the horns off... not to deceive anyone, but hoping to just get some honest opinions of his phenotype.

He has had some groceries, but not as much as any of our other bulls. we have not shown him, so we have not "pushed" him like our other bulls. we had planned on starting pouring the feed and hay to him shortly, just to see what he turns into. He's started looking pretty decent here recently, so we thought we'd really see what he can be. And we just weaned some '07 bull calves, so we are going to feed them pretty serious for the upcoming show season.

Latest posts