Black angus pair pic

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerD44

Reaction score
This is a pic of one or our purebred black angus pairs. The calf was sired by New Design 208.

Beef1.jpg

Dan.

farmerD44":1hv5q6dn said:
This is a pic of one or our purebred black angus pairs. The calf was sired by New Design 208.

Beef1.jpg

Dan.
Calves that look like THAT make butterflies in your stomach sort of fly around in circles! :D When you can see that kind of cattle in your fields, you can really do some mating planning! Congratulations! She represents some really solid thinking and planning! ;-)

DOC HARRIS

Fine looking cattle. Beautiful calf. Looks like you have a great setup there. The land appears to lay good.

fitz

Hill Creek Farm":12qvyv83 said:
I think the calf would look better with a white face. What do you think? :cboy:
I agree with Doc Harris, But I know of a lots of Registered Polled Herefords that would look much better if they were solid black.

we just weighed this calf for weaning wieght the other day and at 226 days she weighs 644lbs. This is our first year wieghing our calves.- our first year with registered purebreds. Is this a good wieght for a first calf heifers calf?????

Our best bull wieghed in at 627lbs. He was also sired by new design 208. also from a heifer.

Dan.

La4angus, yeah you say that you would like to change some registered polled hereford cows to solid black, well, maybe thats because you don't have any black cows that can stand up to the duties of the Hereford. Herefords will out do Angus in any climate, a proven fact, because I have been studying it for the past few months at college where I study animal science and the Red cows have done better in the heat and coldest of weather than the black hidded animals. Now, I got my information from Canadian breeders both Angus and Hereford breeders and information from Angus and Hereford breeders in Texas and they all have stated that the Red hidded animals will last longer and stand the cold and heat much longer than the Black hides. I am not trying to put the angus breed down, but I do know this. Angus cows do make some really good recipients for my embryo program, because they milk really well. :cboy:

FarmerD44, That is a good looking pair of Angus girls you have there. That is a very good weight in my opinion. You have done yo' self proud. I also like the picture of the cattle down in the valley. Nice place you have there.

Hill Creek Farm":4z28bdan said:
La4angus, yeah you say that you would like to change some registered polled hereford cows to solid black, well, maybe thats because you don't have any black cows that can stand up to the duties of the Hereford. Herefords will out do Angus in any climate, a proven fact, because I have been studying it for the past few months at college where I study animal science and the Red cows have done better in the heat and coldest of weather than the black hidded animals.
Little Mr Hill Creek Farm
You did a pretty good job of trying to turn my words around.
If you willgo back and read my post you will see that I stated that ""I know of a lots of Registered Polled Herefords that would look much better if they were solid black"". Nothing was said about I would like to change some registered polled hereford cows to solid black. That is words that you put in. More information for you is that you will find out that what all you learn in college will not stand true in life.

My mistake. Sorry La4angus. But, I will state that Angus cows do make go recipients in my embryo program. Sorry about that one. I thought you were making fun of the Hereford breed like some of these people on this cattle board do. Take care. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":sn306lu9 said:
My mistake. Sorry La4angus. But, I will state that Angus cows do make go recipients in my embryo program. Sorry about that one. I thought you were making fun of the Hereford breed like some of these people on this cattle board do. Take care. :cboy:
Little Mr Hill Creek Farm
Just what are you doing if you weren't trying to make fun of the Angus cattle with your comments that the Angus hfrs would look better with a white face?

I was just joking. Come on La4angus, like you have never joked around before. I said it in a funny way, because I am a Hereford Breeder. I think that she is a very nice looking Black Heifer and will grow up and develop into a really good cow someday. Take a Joke! :cboy:

Latest posts