BIG STUMP!

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
While we were out scouting elk ground on the Hoh river we came across this Sitka Spruce stump.

It had to be 12ft across.

Several examples of the world's largest species of trees are in or around Olympic National Park. Sitka Spruce, Douglas fir western red cedar. Just a little bit of my world.

Scott

Notice how ya can't see very far behind the stump?
That's because of the trees--all they do is obscure the view (and fall on your house, car, and utility lines)
Spawn of satan trees are...

That is a big stump, I saw it looked like a fresh cut and was wondering if it was rotten. We use to live around Lincoln City and saw a few big ones down there, they'll rival the big redwoods. Nice pic!

GB, I use to hunt but that's what us boys and girls hunt in on the west side of Oregon and Washington ......... Dave and Scott, don't tell them about hunting clear cuts. :lol:

That is a huge stump I wish we had some trees that size here... I would love to get a job to remove a tree that big and grind the stump

In california I saw stumps bigger then that and higher too. You could still see the notches they had cut for the springboards to saw them down. Never could figure out why they did that rather then just stand on the ground.

Latest posts