Big spider

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
While in Oklahoma, last week, wife and I went to a park, and on the way driving up she saw a big spider crossing the road in front of us. There wasn't any other cars around so we pulled off to get a loser look ( can't believe she did that cause here at home she hollers for me frequently to come get rid of a spider). While taking a picture of it, it turns and comes toward us.
We go back to the car, and it was still coming toward the car. I was wanting to figure out some item to put beside it for a size reference, but when it changed course and come toward us, we decided to not bother it anymore. I would say that legs and body all would cover up a jar lid. We see on very rare occasions large brown ones that size. Saw one while pulling tobacco plants in Magoffin County KY several years ago. I had just moved and put my hand down on the ground next to a big brown one, it just sat there for a bit and moved along
Does anybody know what kind of spider this was?

KY Hills,

Looks like a wolf spider. There are several species (Hogna sp.) in Kentucky and some are the size of a silver dollar. The larger species come in different color phases. I could not enlarge the picture but it looks like a wolf spider.

2upcu89.jpg

Latest posts