big game conspiracy

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Well the deer and the elk did it again. Ever time I went deer hunting last month I saw what would be legal bulls if it were elk season but no bucks. Last week I hunted elk everyday of the season. I saw some real dandy bucks beings as deer season was closed but I didn't see a single legal bull (3 point or better). I think the deer and the elk must get together and go over the game laws.
I did have a great time. I saw elk every day. Lots of them. I saw as many as 6 spikes in one day but nothing to shoot at. I guess I will be eating beef this winter.
Several times I started my day off on a knob where you can watch the sun come up over the Cascades. On a clear morning from this spot you can see Mt. Rainier, Adams, St. Helens, Hood, and Jefferson. Walk to the west side of the knob and you can see the mouth of the Columbia and the Pacific. And although it is timber company ground that is open to the public, the gates are closed to all motorized vehicles. When you get back there 4 to 8 miles behind the gate there are very few other hunters.

Sounds like a great time except, :( You got to settle for beef :oops: :oops: To bad your so far away :eek: Or :roll: maybe we could make a trade :D Some deer meat for some beef ;-)

I always carry a camera with me, to take pictures of the ones I dont or cant shoot. Pretty neat to go home and look at the pictures and show your friends.

Well late buck opened today for 4 days. So on Saturday my son and I are going to push our mountain bikes back up in there after one of those big bucks. Any bets on how many 3 point or better bull elk I see now that I can't shoot them? Oh well if I can just find that big 4 by 6 buck I saw during elk season I wont care.

I have always thought I should pack a camera for the scenery pictures up there. Pictures of the elk would require a pretty big lens as most are at 200 yards or more. The ones that are closer are usually moving and I am too busy looking for horns to take a picture.

Dave, the scenery you got up there is in itself worth the trip and a camera. Take some pics 8) share some of your magnificent scenery :D and good luck on your hunt.

Latest posts