Big day

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
As usual on Crawford ranch, the day starts off with a bang. Overturned semi full of cows (not ours) got the guys(firemen) out of bed at 4am.. Sure hope they wrap it up because grandchild #5 is arriving today. I want this baby out. Very high risk pregnancy. Daughter is 35, so that list her as elderly pregnancy. Serious complications were noted in a sonogram.. Placenta is covering the exit. The past several months she was at risk of bleeding out. Scheduled for a c section at noon... Time is going by so slow right now..did not need to start the day at 4am... I went to ER yesterday for a spider bite. A brown recluse got me on my wrist. The first day I paid no attention to it, but by the next day it had swelled horribly. Even worse today so kind of glad i'll be around a hospital today... Aint nobody got time for this...

Linda

When it rains, it pours. I bet all will turn out fine.

On the spider bite. There was a segment on the local news recently warning about spider bites.

Bright Raven":cz2ypavw said:
Linda

When it rains, it pours. I bet all will turn out fine.

On the spider bite. There was a segment on the local news recently warning about spider bites.
Everything were where we live, stings, bites or sucks blood...I was bitten while in my hot tub. I know things like living in and around it so every time I get in I inspect the areas I'll come in contact with. But a recluse, they are so mobile. I put my arms about the edge to cool off and I felt a pinch. Didn't hurt, but knowing the things I do find on the rim, I jerked my arm to see what it was. It threw the spider in the water and it tried to climb on me to get out. I flicked it out of the water. Knew I should watch the bite, that first day it seemed ok..The size of a quarter, didn't hurt at all...nothing burger right....Next morning, the site was covering my lower arm, throbbing, hot and extremely itchy....I still thought it was ok, but showed it to my kids and they gasp..made me have it checked out. Daughter had a student whos arm almost rotted off, could have lost her arm... Dr put me on antibiotics, i'm guessing that's all they can do. Said if I get any puss pockets, to get rid of it and wash it with water.. RIght now I feel kind of sick, could be the day ahead of me, could be the bite...….

I enjoyed Medical Entomology. We studied all the venoms of insects. Spiders are included even though they are arachnids not Insecta.

Brown recluse venom causes necrosis. Then due to the dying tissue, it gets infected. Be glad it was not the venom of a Gaboon Viper.

Be careful, the effects linger.

Just this week, my dog was snake bitten and a cow snake bitten. The cow is still iffy. It was horrible and she's struggling. The dog was more than likely bitten by a copperhead, they are the main ones I see in the yard. Her head swelled bad, took her to the vet and she is recovering nicely..
I'm just surprised its taken this long for me to be bit by a recluse. I'm careful, but not totally. The antibiotics could be what is making me feel sick..

Spider bites aren't any fun. Thought I got bit on the wrist last week picking up an old atv tire but nothing ever showed up. Hope everything thing goes good with the Grandbaby. My sister was 35 or so with her first and everything went great.

Congratulations nothing like grandkids. I'm glad everything went well. Look after that bite they can take you down if not careful.

Latest posts