Big Boy

Help Support CattleToday:

I have yet another small one in my pond--happens every year. I hate 'em--the bass population takes a nosedive every time one shows up.

Jo I bet that sucker could down a whole mess of beavers. Nesikep, Muddy it is about a bull that is a big bull gator.

He sure could come in handy with my beaver problem. Been fighting those vile things steady for two years now. I had a fair sized gator and the beavers weren't a problem till two boys went shooting one afternoon. I specifically told them not to shoot the gator but after their shooting foray - which I'm sure involved some beer - my gator went missing. Can't prove they had anything to do with his disappearance. Maybe just a coincidence and I'm not pointing fingers. Its just that I have this hunch. I've knocked the beavers back pretty hard trapping but haven't trapped one in two months. Was feeling good about my highly honed trapping skills till I stumbled on a new gator in the swamp whiled checking the empty traps. Another coincidence? Maybe. Just when I thought I had become a good trapper this thing sheds doubt. I have another hunch he has more to do with the scarcity of beavers than my highly honed Jeremiah Johnson trapping skills. But I'd welcome that one in a minute. Just need to leash my dog so he wouldn't get eaten like my neighbor's poodle did. My neighbor suspects I had something to do with that but like those two boys, I ain't talking either.

Gator had some fine dinning with that poodle lol. You could do like they do on Duck Dynasty and blow up the dams.

Blowing the dams up does little good unless you kill the beavers because they will just build it right back the next day or so. They have some work ethic for sure.

Gators love dogs. I always hated that poodle but I never intended my beaver catcher to catch the dog. I felt bad.....not really.... I hated that dog. Lil shyt used to snap at my heals in my yard and the owner would just laugh. Karma is great!

wacocowboy":11r75jet said:
How big is it GB? can you have someone remove it. Sure am glad I don't have any up here.
About 4 1/2' nose to tip of tail--can't tell for sure, since I haven't seen him out of the water yet, but he looks to be about the same size as one I had a few years ago in the same pond. Game wardens came and got rid of the 1st one--I've had at least 2 others show up since then

This is the one the game wardens 'took care of" (that's what they wrote in the note they left me--I wasn't here the day they came)
zgqi.jpg

Jo is a nice person waits till the gator gets it me I would shoot it and feed it to the gator lol.

Why did they kill it GB I thought they relocate them?

Seeing all these gators is making me hungry for some fried gator.

I didn't say they killed it--they "took care" of it. That's all they said, and I didn't ask or care as long as it was gone.

Last fried gator I tried was pretty chewy--is there another way to cook the tail (in case the one I have now happens to wind up "taken care of" too?

I just assumed they killed him looks dead in the photo.

I have always heard you have to tenderize it real good basically beat the tar out of it. I have never fried my own always got it while eating out all the ones I have had were really good.