BIG BAD WOLF!

Help Support CattleToday:

R. John Johnson

Reaction score
We had some excitement here last weekend. My cousin shot a wolf that had been hanging around our area. :shock: Thats less than 5 miles from our place. He checked with the game wardens and he was fully within the law. His next door neighbor is an author and she wrote about it on her blog. Check out the story and pictures at this link. You will have to scroll down to the second article in the blog.

http://www.kemilson.blogspot.com/

John

That is a pretty big wolf. Heard a mountain lion from South Dakota possibly made it to Chicago as a moutnain lion was killed in Chicago the other day. They were running dna on it but they believe it to be from South Dakota. Thigns are going to have to change now that they havere intorduced large preditors such as wolves and mountian lions back into the wild and they are multiplying and some are not afraid of people.

The idea of a wolf "out there" is romatic----trying to raise sheep next to them is not..

The nature shows always say that wolves aren't that big of a threat to cattle. And of you northern's agree. I wouldn't know. I imagine the sheep farmers take the biggest hit.

iowafarmer":281zursk said:
That is a pretty big wolf. Heard a mountain lion from South Dakota possibly made it to Chicago as a moutnain lion was killed in Chicago the other day. They were running dna on it but they believe it to be from South Dakota. Thigns are going to have to change now that they havere intorduced large preditors such as wolves and mountian lions back into the wild and they are multiplying and some are not afraid of people.

Saw a "black panther" over in Alabama once...marching in a parade with Jesse Jackson :banana:

Latest posts