Big 2/26 Feeder Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
A big run today including a lot of not consigned cattle. Some folks seem nervous due to the large drops in both common stock and commodity markets... Good 5 wts were about 10 cents back from last week. Larger scrub and mismarked color stuff was less than $1/pound. I think it was an OK market considering.

I sold some calved on grass and weaned off cow hay heifers. These sort off heifers averaged 505# for $147. Kept my fancy heifers and didn't buy anything back today. I will be taking some heifers back to grass this spring, but do not expect to make as much as Dave. ;-)

Stocker Steve said:
A big run today including a lot of not consigned cattle. Some folks seem nervous due to the large drops in both common stock and commodity markets... Good 5 wts were about 10 cents back from last week. Larger scrub and mismarked color stuff was less than $1/pound. I think it was an OK market considering.

I sold some calved on grass and weaned off cow hay heifers. These sort off heifers averaged 505# for $147. Kept my fancy heifers and didn't buy anything back today. I will be taking some heifers back to grass this spring, but do not expect to make as much as Dave. ;-)

I am mighty glad we contracted them when we did. 8) :cboy:

Kill cows topped $1.07 yesterday at Kamloops on light receipts. I bought a few calves to go back in the feedlot until May. Hope to get a bunch more tomorrow before this bs about the flu bug gets over affecting the markets. Ticks me off that those who control us will use any excuse to discount us.

Aaron said:
gcreekrch said:
Kill cows topped $1.07 yesterday at Kamloops on light receipts.

Must have been awful special cows. Good bulls have a hard time getting that on this side of the Rockies.

Some of them went to a local plant, some went to Cargill in Alberta.

I need to talk to B and see if we need a few more to fill that contract. Today might just be the day to buy them. The futures market is off because of the corona virus scare. I know that he is busy calving but I am going to be right next door to the sale around noon. hmmmmm

Stocker Steve said:
gcreekrch said:
Bought 28 heifers yesterday and 109 today. 543 lbs @ $1.9825

How much of a change from a week ago?

Likely 6 to 8 $. Banking there will be another crisis for the sheeple to fall for by May. If not, they will go to grass.

Latest posts