Bibs...update

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
Well, I broke down and bought a new set of bib overalls just to have a little more comfort. Wasn't real shocked at the length to width ratio these days, stopped caring about it years ago.

Did notice how the perception of the town folks changes when you are wearing a broad brimmed hat and wearing overalls.

Started selling cut beef at the farmer's markets this spring and was doing OK at it. Seems like when I wore jeans, street shoes and my favorite Hawiian shirt I did pretty good at the market, BUT, when I wore my bibs, work boots and hat my sales more than doubled. What next...think I'll pluck some wheat stalks to chew on while I'm ringing up sales. Maybe take a walk though the green stuff before marketing.
Oh yeah...locker beef sales are way up too. My friends are running out of 10+ wt steers to sell me.
Never quite figure out what folks think.
Dave Mc

i read somewhere about an experiment they done exactly the same as you doing---goes to show you people in general support the tratitional farmer and consider him to be very honest

carl

dun":1gn5y6zk said:
Did you get the ones that were pictured last week?

dun

Yes, I am sure that those would inspire consumer trust!

ctlbaron":1l3oni1b said:
Your not a real farmer if you button more than one button on the sides.

I thought the buttons were just there for decoration!

dun

We have pictures of Big Dad, my grandpa, in bib alls, a shirt and tie. On the tractor.

Lammie":3hkl65wd said:
We have pictures of Big Dad, my grandpa, in bib alls, a shirt and tie. On the tractor.

Surely not ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

You mean he drove a tractor to church? :shock: :shock: :shock:

backhoeboogie":1ky82aup said:
Lammie":1ky82aup said:

Not only did my neighbour drive his freshly cleaned tractor to church - he took his new bride from there to the reception in that same tractor.

Bez?

backhoeboogie":dkv3d41d said:
Lammie":dkv3d41d said:

My understanding is that he plowed that way. I don't remember him.

Lammie":17g9g5cl said:
backhoeboogie":17g9g5cl said:
Lammie":17g9g5cl said:

You really don't have to go back very far in time to find that personal appearance was very important. You probably wouldn't have caught that man without a shirt on even in his own home.
Not so today eh

And I bet he had his hat in his hand when his boots hit the first step going up the porch steps.
Was raised that way too...still get a gringe when I see folks with hats on inside.
And that's my two bits worth....Dave Mc

dj":1da3zrae said:
Lammie":1da3zrae said:
backhoeboogie":1da3zrae said:
Lammie":1da3zrae said:

You really don't have to go back very far in time to find that personal appearance was very important. You probably wouldn't have caught that man without a shirt on even in his own home.
Not so today eh

I don't think you would have caught BigDad shirtless on his deathbed.

This is one of my big pet peeves. Shirtless men in public. I see it all the time. If you are mowing your lawn or doing some other outdoor activity, or swimming or boating, then okay. But I really can't stand seeing shirtless guys wandering around, and don't come over to my house like that or I will ask you go go home and get dressed.

I have had two different times when a man with no shirt has come to the door looking for my husband and they've been read the riot act both times. What happened to manners???? :mad:

Same thing with a beer in you hand. If we invite you to have a beer, fine, but if you show up at my door with a cold one in your hand, you aren't going to get in this house. I like a beer now and then, but leave it in the truck when you knock.

Okay, now you know my pet peeves... I feel better having gotten that off my chest~ :D

Latest posts