Better call fast he won't last long.

Help Support CattleToday:

I was actually the runner-up bidder on his dam at Kiepersol's sale a few years back. He looks like he hasn't yet recovered from a dry and sparse winter. Then it could be the Felton breeding too! :lol: :tiphat:

George

''Fleshy'' and 1900lbs. :???: I guess I need to get my eyes checked again :cboy:

Are you all joking about not lasting long and dandies I sure don't see $2000 maybe my eyes are bad or the pictures are bad

Loch Valley Fold":2ela8mru said:
Is he supposed to be purebred :?: :?: :?: 'cause he doesn't look like it to me :?

Registered Purebred Hereford!

Here is a picture of his sire:
41086573.jpg

And his dam:
23947423.jpg

I sure wouldn't call him "fleshy"!

George

Herefords.US":1uyszdvg said:
I was actually the runner-up bidder on his dam at Kiepersol's sale a few years back. He looks like he hasn't yet recovered from a dry and sparse winter. Then it could be the Felton breeding too! :lol: :tiphat:

George

Thats MR Felton to you, bud :)

rocket2222":rnvb5avv said:
Herefords.US":rnvb5avv said:

George

Thats MR Felton to you, bud :)
:lol: I was really expecting you to slam his Keynote dam, rocket!!

George

Herefords.US":tckag0h8 said:

George

Have you seen any good Jedi sons :roll:

Hey, I got a quick look at Reload yesterday, can't remember if you said you liked him or not, I liked him.

rocket2222":3c33lzkz said:
Herefords.US":3c33lzkz said:

George

Have you seen any good Jedi sons :roll:

Hey, I got a quick look at Reload yesterday, can't remember if you said you liked him or not, I liked him.

Is that LaGrand Reload you like? We've got a small group of daughters for sale that were sired by a maternal brother of him. They're 6-7 years old and going strong.

Chris H":24p9szw3 said:

Is that LaGrand Reload you like? We've got a small group of daughters for sale that were sired by a maternal brother of him. They're 6-7 years old and going strong.

Yes that's him, wouldn't use him though, I'm trying to moderate birth weights a little. Took a chance when I got my present herd bull who has too much birth weight on his dams side than I really liked, so far he's done ok.

rocket2222":1fho374s said:
Chris H":1fho374s said:

Yes that's him, wouldn't use him though, I'm trying to moderate birth weights a little. Took a chance when I got my present herd bull who has too much birth weight on his dams side than I really liked, so far he's done ok.

Like you, I like Reload, but I probably won't use him because I think he's too big and I would like a more moderate size, both at birth and at maturity, than I believe his calves will have.

George

All that website proves is there aint a soul in Tx with an
internet connection that has any cattle worth a dime.....
:cowboy:

redfornow":20bara7j said:

That website DOES show that most of us can't take pictures of cows worth a flip.

Herefords.US":8zrzw807 said:
redfornow":8zrzw807 said:
Hey, red! You looking for a "scrap"?? :lol: :cboy:

George

Yep!!!!

How am I doing?

redfornow":2jdn4klc said:
Herefords.US":2jdn4klc said:
redfornow":2jdn4klc said:
Hey, red! You looking for a "scrap"?? :lol: :cboy:

George

Yep!!!!

How am I doing?

You're not going to rile me, cause I already know how full of BS you can be! :D

How's the family? Hope you all are doing well!

And how are those P606 daughters doing? Any Harland calves yet?

George

I have one Harland heifer on the ground... She is amazing.
Very correct, lots of bone and long as a truck. Out of a victor bred cow.

The 606's are breeding machines, would take a whole herd of them.

Progress calves are good, meaty and long. They also come easy, he is a true CE bull.
Only complaint I would have is he takes pigment away... Big time.

What about you?

redfornow":3u87r4pe said:

I don't believe you! You better prove it with a photo! ;-)

I was concerned that they might milk too much for your conditions. How are they for size?

Progress calves are good, meaty and long. They also come easy, he is a true CE bull.

I am not convinced that his daughters will milk, the few I've seen photos of 's udders wasn't much to look at.

What about you?

Back to the pigment issue... at best its very unpredictable and it seems that once you've found a bull that sires pigment more or less consistantly you better stick with him for a while or atleast never go back to one with a dubious family history when it comes to pigment.

I just had a linebred calf (halfsib mating) born out of two fully pigmented parents, both grandparents on both sides are fully pigmented and yet this calf almost have no pigment.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, the same bull sired a goggle eyed calf out of a better than halfsib (paternal halfsib out of paternal halfsib dams) of the abovementioned cow that has no pigment with a dam with also no pigment.

KNERSIE":2c6hi7on said:
redfornow":2c6hi7on said:

I don't believe you! You better prove it with a photo! ;-)

I was concerned that they might milk too much for your conditions. How are they for size?

I am not convinced that his daughters will milk, the few I've seen photos of 's udders wasn't much to look at.

What about you?

Back to the pigment issue... at best its very unpredictable and it seems that once you've found a bull that sires pigment more or less consistantly you better stick with him for a while or atleast never go back to one with a dubious family history when it comes to pigment.

I just had a linebred calf (halfsib mating) born out of two fully pigmented parents, both grandparents on both sides are fully pigmented and yet this calf almost have no pigment.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, the same bull sired a goggle eyed calf out of a better than halfsib (paternal halfsib out of paternal halfsib dams) of the abovementioned cow that has no pigment with a dam with also no pigment.

I will get it done... To busy with hay and work and kids to take alot of pictures....
Today is the 17th year of being married for me and my wife... So I am here posting with you guys?
Getting ready to leave for a couple of days.... (Andy take care of my cows? K?)

I only have a couple of calves out of progress, tried him on a 606 daughter (full pigment) and a really heavy milking thunder daughter (again full pigment) both are much less eye color, with the 606 calf being white around the eyes?
The son is a load an other than the pigment is a really good calf. He has a better eyeset and eye liner than the heifer mayb 50%?

I was shocked at how quickly the wrong bull can remove pigment?

But both have grown well? BW was 80 on each and they both came easy and looked alright as calves?

I have more harland calves this fall? I hope they are as good as this heifer? Time will tell?
Still searching for that right "niche" for my herd? Using a Durango son for clean up and liking those calves pretty good?

Got a long way to go, and as the bandit said.... a short time to get there.

I aint like George and got it all figured out?
Maybe I need alittle more remital in there?

Latest posts