Best Sitz Upward son

Help Support CattleToday:

I know EXAR Upshot 0562B was a very popular Upward son a few years ago. I don't have any experience using him or have any females by him though. I think you can still get semen for him pretty easy.

I would like to bump this and get folk's opinions on this. Somewhat interested in EXAR Upshot. He seems like he has a real balanced EPD profile. Anyone have watchouts for him? Anyone have experience with him? My goal is balanced cattle, with a little preference to maternal traits.

dbird33 said:
I would like to bump this and get folk's opinions on this. Somewhat interested in EXAR Upshot. He seems like he has a real balanced EPD profile. Anyone have watchouts for him? Anyone have experience with him? My goal is balanced cattle, with a little preference to maternal traits.

We avoided Express when they were in the arms race on $B and their milk EPD's got out of control. Their intake numbers and HP seemed to drop as well. However, it looks to us like they have gotten religion. They seem to be back looking at moderate numbers across the board. I give them kudos for not chasing frame size. They've used Cowboy Up to temper their milk numbers significantly as well. We're back interested in their sale but have not gone yet.

hornedfrogbbq said:
dbird33 said:
We avoided Express when they were in the arms race on $B and their milk EPD's got out of control. Their intake numbers and HP seemed to drop as well. However, it looks to us like they have gotten religion. They seem to be back looking at moderate numbers across the board. I give them kudos for not chasing frame size. They've used Cowboy Up to temper their milk numbers significantly as well. We're back interested in their sale but have not gone yet.

We have been in the same boat with EXAR. Right or wrong I view them as show calf producers. That's why I'm interested in hearing if anyone has had experience with Upshot. I'm hesitant to use him without some first hand accounts of his progeny.