best deal

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score

Ok the yellow pair is a 4 year old cow . Eat out of your hand gentle.
The long eared brindle(age unknown) with the e
Wf calf is wild as chit. Although she is calming down. Date of purchase and price paid are shown. Note there's also a heavy bred cow on the ticket. Not shown in photos. So what is the best deal

The heavy bred black cow for $1516.
The sale ticket/info is confusing and makes me work too hard to put together.
The sale slip proves prices, but I never called you a liar to start with, so it would be easier to follow if you just gave description and prices. imo

Son of Butch":15nuvndz said:
The sale slip proves prices, but I never called you a liar to start with, so it would be easier to follow if you just gave description and prices. imo
Ok butch I'll break it down for you
1516,,,,8 month bred long eared short solid cow crazy as chit
2775... 4 YEAR OLD YELLOW COW WITH BULL CALF
1850....BRINDLE COW WITH black whiteface heifer Calf. With some chrome.
Sorry if the photo was confusing.
I

I have the best deal in my heifer pen right now. Traded 30 rolls of first cut hay and $1k dollars for a pair, and it's only the cows 3rd calf and a 10 month old heifer.

fenceman":21s13s92 said:
Son of Butch":21s13s92 said:
Ok butch I'll break it down for you
1516,,,,8 month bred long eared short solid cow crazy as chit
2775... 4 YEAR OLD YELLOW COW WITH BULL CALF
1850....BRINDLE COW WITH black whiteface heifer Calf. With some chrome.
Sorry if the photo was confusing.
I

My pick is the Brindle as her resale value will always be good in our area.
I am a sucker for ears as well.
The reason I didn't pick the SS is sight unseen.
Secondly I seldom give more than a 100 over kill price on a SS.

Got a pic of the long eared witch this morning.I've got her in with some heifers that get a little feed every day. She's calmed down. I strongly suspect when she has her calf she'll own that little pasture for a while. She's already shown that fight or flight..either way s fine with her. :lol2:

I think the brindle cow with WF calf is the best buy. BTW both calves are several months old. Were either of the cows palpated to see if they were bred back?? If they are she is really a good deal.

TexasBred said:
I think the brindle cow with WF calf is the best buy. BTW both calves are several months old. Were either of the cows palpated to see if they were bred back?? If they are she is really a good deal.[/quote

Not preg checked. But I turned them out in a pasture of pairs with a good bull in there. So if not bred they outa get that way.
The bull has pretty much ignored them. Not conclusive, but a pretty good indicator

Really not anything wrong with any of the buys. Yellow pair has the productive life ahead of her to pay off but I would rather have had 20 of the brindle pair

Latest posts