Best bulls at ST Genetics?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Was looking at St Genetics saw some really high numbered bulls. Anyone use any of thier bulls before ? Thanks.

Ive got some Raindance, Response, and Legend that are 5 months old. There all pretty good, the Response will be a little shorter framed, Raindance is my favorite. will be awhile to truly know.
This year I used Back Onyx, Extension, Territory, Raindance, Concord and just ordered some Weigh UP 294 will be a year to know anything on these

Richnm said:
I noticed Black Onyx , his milk is high. Do you think it's to much ?
It is, I used him on some heifers to bring that and production numbers up. Doubt id use him on mature cows.

Powerpoint is a good calving ease bull. Keep the daughters.

I was really happy with my Connealy Concord calves. I used the female sexed semen and had no trouble selling them as 9-month-old replacement heifers. They were born easily, were vigorous at birth, nursed quickly and grew satisfactorily, and were docile. I have had a couple MGR Treasure calves and been happy with them as well; born very easily. Would love to try Raindance and will likely order some semen soon. A friend of mine is trying J & J Weigh Up 294 this year and thinks he will be a good bull that hasn't gotten much attention or use yet. I like ST Genetics ... their staff is easy to work with.

LCBulls said:
Raindance
Homestead
PowerPoint
Summitt
Treasure

Are my favorites

I was tempted to try Summitt, probably will next fall.. Any calves?

bse said:
LCBulls said:
Raindance
Homestead
PowerPoint
Summitt
Treasure

Are my favorites

We just have one Summitt calf. We bought a pathfinder cow from Coleman Angus that was bred to Summitt. She started out at 75 lbs and has really started to grow. She is only 3 weeks old but looks great so far. Coleman Angus will be using him again on their heifers.

Another bull that I like is U-2 Coalition at Beef 360. His progeny have some of the best phenotype that I've seen. I would like to cross him with our Schaff and Coleman bred cows.

LCBulls said:
bse said:
LCBulls said:
Raindance
Homestead
PowerPoint
Summitt
Treasure

Are my favorites

We just have one Summitt calf. We bought a pathfinder cow from Coleman Angus that was bred to Summitt. She started out at 75 lbs and has really started to grow. She is only 3 weeks old but looks great so far. Coleman Angus will be using him again on their heifers.

Another bull that I like is U-2 Coalition at Beef 360. His progeny have some of the best phenotype that I've seen. I would like to cross him with our Schaff and Coleman bred cows.
You have seen pictures I assume or actual progeny. Just curious as the bull has limited progeny.

Just pictures, of U-2 sale books for the last few years.
Wish I could get up to Canada and to Spicklers to see them in person.

Last years sale is equally as impressive
https://issuu.com/coyotepub/docs/u2catalog2019issuu

We run some Spickler bulls so I am familiar with their program. I know nothing about the U-2 program. The Spickler bulls have done a good job here as they work well in this environment. Great people to do business with as well.

Anyone have their eye on using 316 Exclusive? $45 for sorted female has me intrigued for sure to find a way to plug some in ….

Latest posts