Best boots

Help Support CattleToday:

When I am fencing a lot about 6 months is tops because I use my feet to kick the dirt back in the holes so they don't last long. Walking a lot does them in too. Redwing used to make a great boot and I think the couple styles still made stateside are ok. They started with the Chinese junk and regardless of what they tell you they don't stand behind them like they did their American boots. Waterproof is a joke unless they have Gore Tex in them. Haven't found an off brand of that yet that didn't leak. You mentioned Danner they are same as Red Wing buy the handmade American ones and you can't beat them but they have some China ones for cheap and there is a good reason.

I found this list of American boots.

http://www.americanmadeworkboots.com/

Hampton Shoe is proud to present AmericanMadeWorkBoots.com.

Family owned and operated since 1989, We are the original, only American made in USA work boot store. Celebrating our 25th year of business, Our mission is to provide you, the American worker with high quality, comfortable American made in USA work boots and shoes.

Unlike most retailers, we specialize in American made in USA work boots and shoes. We take great pride re-investing our profits in American Made work boots and shoes, keeping American manufacturing alive and Americans working. With over 300 American made in USA styles to choose from, you'll be sure to find just the right boots for your needs.

All Belleville, Caterpillar, Chippewa, Carolina, Double H, Justin, Corcoran, Matterhorn and Wood N' Stream work boots and shoes on our site are Made in the USA.

HDRider":3w0k2xgi said:
I found this list of American boots.

http://www.americanmadeworkboots.com/

Hampton Shoe is proud to present AmericanMadeWorkBoots.com.

Family owned and operated since 1989, We are the original, only American made in USA work boot store. Celebrating our 25th year of business, Our mission is to provide you, the American worker with high quality, comfortable American made in USA work boots and shoes.

Unlike most retailers, we specialize in American made in USA work boots and shoes. We take great pride re-investing our profits in American Made work boots and shoes, keeping American manufacturing alive and Americans working. With over 300 American made in USA styles to choose from, you'll be sure to find just the right boots for your needs.

All Belleville, Caterpillar, Chippewa, Carolina, Double H, Justin, Corcoran, Matterhorn and Wood N' Stream work boots and shoes on our site are Made in the USA.

That's a great link. I know where I will be boot shopping now.

Brute 23":10li2hjd said:
Wolverine steel toes. They are light and have good cushion in the soles. I'm slowly converting all the guys at work. We are on limestone pads 12+ hours a day. You have to have some thing that will soak up the rocks.

Bought my first pair last week and so far I like them. Mine are lace up and have that hiking boot look and feel to them.

Hook":1hkaymm5 said:
Here you can see the separation. Shame too,because that's the only place they're failing

I know of a guy locally that does biker leather work and could have that sewn up for a $10 bill. You might check that out.

I post this everytime the subject of shoes comes up. I might as well post it again. About ten years ago, both of my feet broke out in a rash. It actually didn't look like a rash at all. It looked like my feet were being digested by an acid. I went to the dermatologist. He walked in the room, and from 10 feet away, he said you've been wearing shoes made in China. Throw them away. I did, and they healed in a matter of days.

With boots there are people who wear them and people who live in them. ;-) I have family members who can keep a pair of boots or gloves for 10 yrs. Those of us that put them on at 6am and take them off at 10pm on a normal day, kick dirt, wade through mud, cow chit, oil, and all kinds of other stuff get 6mo-1yr.

dixiedrifter":bvp38y6e said:
Hook":bvp38y6e said:
Here you can see the separation. Shame too,because that's the only place they're failing

I know of a guy locally that does biker leather work and could have that sewn up for a $10 bill. You might check that out.
Get some gorilla glue down in there.

Tony Lama here. I have square toe that is a steel toe for work. Alot of people think they are Ariats, because they never saw a Tony Lama with a steel toe. Nonwork boots are Tony Lama square toe.

I'm 140 lbs on a heavy day, and I don't get a year out of most of my boots. On gum boots (cheap chinese ones) I get about 2-3 months tops... Very hard to find quality gum boots here, but I did find a pair at a second hand shop for $10 that were new, they look like they'll last me a year or two before they crack up.
For leather boots, I'm in and out of my boots so often lace up is a PITA, but when I was working in a shop any boot I had was really done for by 1 year.

So now I spend most of the summer barefoot.. I make leather like boots used to be made of on my feet.

Rocky boots
The Wellington style with the Rocky ride sole has held up well for me, but I mostly sit around drinking beer when the real work starts

tsc..wolverines..i have worn em everyday for 2 yrs..summer/winter/water/mud/poop...even saved em for a planter and the wifes got stuff growin in em

Have worn Justin for years, Made in USA type, with good luck. I don't wear them during my work day though. Bought a pair of Tony Lama's the other day for a dress pair and they are comfortable. Also Made in the USA.

Latest posts