Bella's Puppies

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
My good pointing Lab Bella really outdid herself with this litter of nine puppies on July 1st. 4 males 5 females. 7 are yellow and the other two are what they call copper. She is a good momma for sure.

100_0095.JPG

The yellow male on the left is the pick of the litter.

100_0089.JPG

Thats quite a litter Vic! You'd better send the "pick of the litter" to me. He looks mean. :D

She's got that look on her face that says.....

H.....E.....L.....P.................... M......E.........!!!!

hehehe

LazyARanch":3pv102mv said:

hehehe

You don't know how right you are. Poor thing has developed hot spots from the high protein feed and the darned heat here. Plus her belly is one solid mass of little pinpricks from their sharp little claws. I think she would run away from home if she could. :lol2: She keeps looking at me like how did this happen to me!

Bella is beautiful! What a good job she has done with those little chubs. She does look a bit overwhelmed in that picture! Such a face!

LazyARanch":31kyt60s said:

hehehe

I thought she has the look of " I'd rather be hunting"

Bella is doing an amazing job with such a lrg litter she is a fabulous mom for sure. Those pups are too darn cute . Congrats to Bella and to you . :D

alisonb":1br6tb21 said:
Wow, go Bella! She does look awfully desperate though :shock:, how old is she Vic?

She was 3 in May. She is for sure over it already. The howling mob is eating her alive.

Wow...very nice...fat as little bears too. You must have her on the "lactation" ration. ;-) I'll pick up that "pick of the liter" soon. :mrgreen:

3waycross":1td1rkz7 said:
VanC":1td1rkz7 said:
New granddaughter and puppies to boot. You're having a pretty good month aren't ya, Vic? :D

Yep! Thank God I am.

:clap: :clap: :clap: For all the crap that's stirred up by the net, it is really a good way to share in others' joys too.

Well the puppies are all sold. The last two were spoken for this weekend. They will be the magic 49 days old on friday. Hope to have them all in new homes by noon on Sat. I will try to post some pictures before they go. Some of the males are over 10.5 lbs. Looks like 6 of them will get to hunt and 6 of them will stay local so that I can follow their progress.

When I was breeding and raising pups, I always started trimming the puppies' nails at 2 weeks then every 2 weeks because they would grow so fast and injure the mom. Some of them would wean the pups really early because of that.

Latest posts