beet pulp

Help Support CattleToday:

johnd4020

Reaction score
Is there a different if you use beet pulp for horse to give a little to dairy feeders. We have 2 dairy feeder that was born late March they are on milk replacer but they don't seem to be gaining and weight they are in calf start from the grain mill any ideas

I have seen Dairy show cattle fed dried beet pulp to prepare for showing. I don't know how young you can start them, it would depend on their rumen development and I suspect it's still way too early. Increased intake of a high quality texterized 18% calf starter would be best. Late March means they are only about 4 weeks old now, although expensive a 3rd daily feeding of milk replacer would work. Sometimes sprinkling a bit of dry milk replacer on top of their starter feed will increase their desire to eat more starter. As their intake of starter increases they'll take off, it's still very early and soon hopefully you'll be saying... hey guys slow down you're eating me out of house and home.
By the way.... :welcome: to the boards.

johnd4020":3o983tpd said:
they are in calf start from the grain mill any ideas
John - I read this as meaning you are currently offering them a dry calf starter feed from your local feed mill.
Correct? or is that just the name of the milk replacer?

Latest posts