Been working on it

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Biting my tongue that is 8)
In the meantime we set up a single cow for AI just to see if I could do it without any outside help.
Everything was in place cow all set up for FTAI. Codey caught her in the Headgate while I thawed the semen and loaded the gun. Jessie held the tail out of the way, kept time, and passed me the loaded rod. Then the tail got lose from her and she got painted across the face. :lol:
Took it like a champ too. Got the semen deposited, gave her a shot of gnrh and she was on her way. Only did one because I wanted to see if I could do it unassisted without breaking the bank if I couldn't. Got 2 more to calve and then I'll set them all up for a jan 1 date with the rod
Back to keeping quiet for now :tiphat:

running.gif
congratulations!

kenny thomas":3e31yqh8 said:
If you got your first AI on the first try your good. :nod:

How many times does it usually take?
My brother is all pouty and wants to give up after two tries and no success.
He's discouraged because my dad is fairly good at it, been at it over 40 years tho.
My dad and I try to explain it takes practice, but just wondering, how much practice do most people need?

glacierridge":1tiiufc0 said:
kenny thomas":1tiiufc0 said:
If you got your first AI on the first try your good. :nod:

How many times does it usually take?
My brother is all pouty and wants to give up after two tries and no success.
He's discouraged because my dad is fairly good at it, been at it over 40 years tho.
My dad and I try to explain it takes practice, but just wondering, how much practice do most people need?
If they don;t settle at the latest on the second AI service the cow is gon from here.

if your 1st cow settled on the 1st service thats great news.but when they dont settle the 1st dont give up.it takes time an breeding lots of cows to get good at AI.dont think that syncing will always work because it doesnt.

Latest posts