Been making Biodiesel for 3 weeks now.

Help Support CattleToday:

KMacGinley

Reaction score
Finished our third 40 gallon batch yesterday. Running the truck on it with no problems so far. Pretty easy to do. We bought one of those kits last fall and just now got on it.

are you going to use it in your tractors as well.how meny mpgs are you getting running the boidiesel vs the reg diesel.

Have you made enough to get a handle on your cost per gallon?

Bull, I ran some in one of my tractors and didn't notice any difference except it made me hungry. Exhaust smelled like french fries! I did have to change my fuel filters after about 2 hrs of running. Biodiesel really cleans the system out.

KMacGinley":vexrbh70 said:
Finished our third 40 gallon batch yesterday. Running the truck on it with no problems so far. Pretty easy to do. We bought one of those kits last fall and just now got on it.

What is your feedstock for your biodiesel?

For those with expierence with Biodiesel, I have a few questions.

What do you do to overcome the gelling problems in cool/cold weather?
What percentage of biodiesel to regular diesel are you running?
What do you do with the remaining glycerol and waste water?

I am interested in knowing where you got your kit? Is it cone shaped or flat? I am to the point of making a test batch and get up and running from there.

What are you doing with the left over glycerine?

Are you having a hard time find a source for the oil?

There's a place in Houston that sells the kits, teaches how to make the stuff and will dispose of your waste glycerin. It's called Houston Biodiesel and here's the link: http://www.houstonbiodiesel.com/

I don't know a lot about this stuff or process but I don't think you have to worry too much about biodiesel gelling in the Winter. SVO, on the other hand will gel when it gets cold.

Sorry for stealing your thread.

Don't have much time, but here is a few answers.

Freedom Fueler.

Waste vegetable oil from restaraunts

Better gas mileage, so far.

Methanol barrel and 2 bags KOH cost $400, 8 gallons methanol per batch, 2 lbs. KOH.

Gotta go. Hands on time , less than 1 hour.

i wouldn't tell to many people. If the government finds out you could buy a whole lot of fuel for the fine they will charge you.

KMacGinley":3d36oldm said:
Don't have much time, but here is a few answers.

Freedom Fueler.

Waste vegetable oil from restaraunts

Better gas mileage, so far.

Methanol barrel and 2 bags KOH cost $400, 8 gallons methanol per batch, 2 lbs. KOH.

Gotta go. Hands on time , less than 1 hour.
We have made biodiesel. We have found no problem with this part. The problem I have is finding the raw product. Every place I call says they are getting several calls a week. The one man that is getting most of it will sell it to me but wants a $1.00 per gallon.

Latest posts