Been a week

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
since Steve had his teeth out. I must say, he cowboyed up for it. No sedation, no gas. I should mention that he only had 17 to pull... He used to rodeo... 'nuff said. He has his temp teeth now and is trying to learn how to eat again. I am very pleased with his recovery, as he was only a big baby once or twice.

I just wanted to offer up his experience to those of you thinking of the big plunge. He took off the Friday afterward to recover, but he's back at full steam.

Lammie":2nicxdlj said:
since Steve had his teeth out. I must say, he cowboyed up for it. No sedation, no gas. I should mention that he only had 17 to pull... He used to rodeo... 'nuff said. He has his temp teeth now and is trying to learn how to eat again. I am very pleased with his recovery, as he was only a big baby once or twice.

I just wanted to offer up his experience to those of you thinking of the big plunge. He took off the Friday afterward to recover, but he's back at full steam.
17 huh,, thats 3 times the alabama average :cowboy:

Lammie":24z5s2bb said:

All I can say is that Steve must be a tuff sob. I want deadening....lots of it. :lol2:

He had the local, but no nitrus oxide... I'd have to be put to sleep. Or at least be tranqued enough that I would not care.

Thankfully, probably, I could not get it to load. My computer, more than likely.

I think he'll be a lot healthier with them gone. I think he was having all kinds of health problems that can be related to bad teeth.

Next time I have to go to the dentist I am voting for sedation dentistry, it is not so much the pain as it is the claustrophobic aspect .. They hover over you and have their fingers in your mouth.. gross.

Lammie":29hpyb3p said:
He had the local, but no nitrus oxide... I'd have to be put to sleep. Or at least be tranqued enough that I would not care.

I hope your not talking about the kind of "sleep" the vet does! :shock:

i truelly do feel for him as i went through that a year ago.an had all 9 of my upper teeth pulled.i must say ive goten real good at gumming food.esp since i rarely wear my teeth.

Can't imagine having teeth pulled with just a local. I had my wisdom teeth taken out this morning (pretty sure I'm coherent enough to make this post, LOL...) and insisted they put me completely under; IV anesthetic. I've watched enough vets pull teeth on dogs and cats, I have no intention of watching someone work on my mouth like that.

After reading all this, I think I'll go floss :help: . Hope evrybody gets along ok.

Larry

I had my kids all around on the weekend ----sat them down and told them that I thought they should learn how to take my teeth out and put them back in for when I got old (older)-----Doesn't look like thats going to happen :D

I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed four months ago. i'm allergic to pain, so i had them give me the iv. knocked me out cold. my wife said i was up and getting around good afterwards. even read the paper. i have no memory of any of this!! i told her there's no telling what info she could've pried out of me had she known i wasn't all there. hmmm...maybe she did grill me. who knows....haha!