beefmaster or angus bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

not sure about a beefmaster bull, but I have beefmaster cows, and I have bred them with Sante Gertrudis, Beefmaster, and now a Limosine bull (black). My favorite so far is the limo I got now. They steadily produce low-birth weight calves, and they hit the ground gaining...

There's a farm in my area that has that cross, Beefmaster bull / Angus cows. They produce some good looking calves, birth to weaning.

I bought a Beefmaster bull last summer to cross on my Charolais cows, looking forward to seeing those calves this spring 8) .

beefmaster44":154tjefm said:
i am trying to figure what bull to breed with angus cows beefmaster or angus? anyone cross either of the two
Angus all the way!!!!! :D ;-) :D ;-)

la4angus":n6tiixzt said:
beefmaster44":n6tiixzt said:
i am trying to figure what bull to breed with angus cows beefmaster or angus? anyone cross either of the two
Angus all the way!!!!! :D ;-) :D ;-)
i say put a beefmastter on those angus an i think come calving time.youll see some fast growing calves hitt the ground.an heavy weaning weights at weaning time.

beefmaster44":3ej5gyid said:

Where are you going to sell the calves? And what sells best there?

does anyone on here have a black beefmaster bull, and do you have any pictures of them

beefmaster44":3aco9kas said:
b-44 - I would suggest that you determine what your goals are in your breeding program, and of what quality cows your herd is comprised. Whatever breed bull you decide to use (and Angus, Black or Red, would certainly be my choice at this time) the predominate traits and characteristics of your cow herd is of primary importance. By knowing what your base Genetics and Phenotype requirements are, you are then in a position to carefully select the bull which will overcome the weaknesses of your herd and get you started in a correct breeding program for the future of your cattle business.

DOC HARRIS

it would be hard to go wrong with a good bull of either breed.

IN MISSOURI, I would pick Angus of that choice. On Angus cows, Hereford would add hybrid vigour without sacrificing maternal traits. Limousin or Gelbvieh would add red meat. Char or Simm would add pounds. The Beefmaster will add pounds and hybrid vigour; but 'MIGHT' not be well accepted in that marketplace.

MountainFarmChar":20cxm01d said:
There's a farm in my area that has that cross, Beefmaster bull / Angus cows. They produce some good looking calves, birth to weaning.

I bought a Beefmaster bull last summer to cross on my Charolais cows, looking forward to seeing those calves this spring 8) .
MountainFarmChar You'll love those calves. I've had charolais bulls over beefmaster cows for ever. I've Never been sorry.

oscar p":3obv6a0b said:
MountainFarmChar":3obv6a0b said:

MountainFarmChar You'll love those calves. I've had charolais bulls over beefmaster cows for ever. I've Never been sorry.

If you are getting your bulls from Morris Orr or Bill Boyd, you're getting some good ones too!

trin":2fox5duo said:
does anyone on here have a black beefmaster bull, and do you have any pictures of them
We have one, but I dont have a current pic of him.He was bought at the SEBBA sale in Cullman, AL. last March.

Id go with the Angus seems like these days Black sales good both are good breeds we are breeding sim angus right now and for market a good thick big rump and chested calf sells good but angus is the way to go....Hope this helps

TxTeamroper":130v19o7 said:
Id go with the Angus seems like these days Black sales good both are good breeds we are breeding sim angus right now and for market a good thick big rump and chested calf sells good but angus is the way to go....Hope this helps
well you can get a black beefmaster bull.if your going for the black hided calves.

bigbull338":88qo0rwj said:
TxTeamroper":88qo0rwj said:
well you can get a black beefmaster bull.if your going for the black hided calves.
Is it a black beefmaster or an Angus beefmaster Cross? :p

la4angus":1090x1i6 said:
bigbull338":1090x1i6 said:
TxTeamroper":1090x1i6 said:
la i knew i was opening myself up for that one.an i knew youd take off with it.ive said it before.an ill say it again.with me getting in the reg beefmasters.ill prolly end buying a few black cows sooner or later.

bigbull338":a4wj909d said:
la4angus":a4wj909d said:
bigbull338":a4wj909d said:
TxTeamroper":a4wj909d said:
la i knew i was opening myself up for that one.an i knew youd take off with it.ive said it before.an ill say it again.with me getting in the reg beefmasters.ill prolly end buying a few black cows sooner or later.
Why not just buy your Angus now instead of buying some grade beefmasters unstill of some angus that you really want. Those blk beefmasters are just a 3 way cross commercial animal. :p :roll:

la4angus":1ollf7m3 said:
bigbull338":1ollf7m3 said:
la4angus":1ollf7m3 said:
bigbull338":1ollf7m3 said:
TxTeamroper":1ollf7m3 said:
Why not just buy your Angus now instead of buying some grade beefmasters unstill of some angus that you really want. Those blk beefmasters are just a 3 way cross commercial animal. :p :roll:
now thats why im really staying with the red beefmasters.im a little strange.i like red hided cattle.

bigbull338":bwtr727m said:
la4angus":bwtr727m said:
la4angus":bwtr727m said:
TxTeamroper":bwtr727m said:
now thats why im really staying with the red beefmasters.im a little strange.i like red hided cattle.
You can buy some Aed Angus too. Get the quality along with the color. ;-)