Beefmaster Heifer's

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Opportunity has come along, and I can't make up my mind if I want to mess with them.
Found a source of some Beefmaster Heifer's 600 dollar's at weaning. The guy has five.
I have wore my pencil out figuring on these girl's.

I am going back monday to look them over again.
It is a good price they are out of registered stuff.
I could get my money back at the salebarn on them.
I told myself after the drought I was going to stay at 12 momma cow's and I am already back up to 20.
Some of those are opportunity cow's that don't have a long term home here.
If I don't watch myself I will be back up to 35-40 head again.
I just have got to pull my head out of my ass and pick a number under 20 and put together a group and sit on the porch.
I have 10 kick ass young Brimmer influence girl's homesteading here these Beefmaster girl's fit the program. It is the time I would have to put in them that has me reluctant. They are going to be pretty expensive by the time I get a calf out of them.

Look at it this way. The nicer cattle are harder to find because so many people sold their good cows because of the drought. You will make money on them.

I can see you making money a few ways. Breed heifers, open heifers and if y'all have a wet summer a hay is cheap breed them to obama and sell as pairs. I sold some pairs here for $1400. to $1650. and they were all culls for one thing or another. So no telling what they will be worth out there.

At $600, I wouldn't think twice about it, but they fit my outlook already and might not yours.
(You did say you were thru with horns since a long time ago)

Seems like a win win situation to me. I think you can sell them at any time and make money, but more after they visit Obama.

Cabo":o8zfrl7i said:
Seems like a win win situation to me. I think you can sell them at any time and make money, but more after they visit Obama.

I am going tomorrow and look at them I will have cash with I am sure.
I still remember how to get rid of horn's.

Caustic Burno":pnz2d65c said:
I told myself after the drought I was going to stay at 12 momma cow's and I am already back up to 20.
I just have got to pull my head out of my ass and pick a number under 20 and put together a group and sit on the porch.
I have 10 kick ass young Brimmer influence girl's homesteading here these Beefmaster girl's fit the program. It is the time I would have to put in them that has me reluctant. They are going to be pretty expensive by the time I get a calf out of them.

Sometimes one has to listen to 'self', you know what you went through and what you can feed.

alisonb":1011dt9j said:
Caustic Burno":1011dt9j said:

Sometimes one has to listen to 'self', you know what you went through and what you can feed.

I can run more, I look at plenty of pasture and say I will run a few more.
I ran 29 momma's last year most of them opportunity girl's. Sold down in the fall and have been on a buying binge this spring.
Since I sold all my hay equipment and health issues just need a few around to keep the blood pressure up.
This is a sickness I bought my first cow at 14 and have been hooked ever since. I need help.

jedstivers":bw5junn6 said:
If you don't take them let me know, I might be interested.

I will pm you tomorrow .
Jed you should have been at the salebarn on Sat.
Goodness did some mighty fine little girl's come through, I had to sit on my hand's.
The Auctioneer kept saying Caustic these are your kind. Guy from down on the coast brought in a couple trailer loads of steer's and heifer's. There was one problem they had come out of Winnie off salt grass and were as wild as any deer and would fight a buzz saw.
You need a feedlot to hold them a couple of month's to calm them down and they would have money written all over them.

Caustic Burno":1yc3uvsv said:
This is a sickness I bought my first cow at 14 and have been hooked ever since. I need help.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You know you want them, you know that somehow, somehwere at anytime down the line you can make a few dollars from them.

Pull the trigger and buy them.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":2hno5iqv said:
Caustic Burno":2hno5iqv said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You know you want them, you know that somehow, somehwere at anytime down the line you can make a few dollars from them.

Pull the trigger and buy them.

Katherine

Katherine ,14 was a long time ago way back in another century and I am still hooked.
There are two things in life that get my blood to pumping, buying and selling cow's and good gospel singing.
I just pray the good Lord has an auction barn to go to once a week with the Statler Bros.

Latest posts