Beefmaster Bulls (Pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
Lasater 7615 (owned by Buster Beefmasters, OK)
Lasater7615LarryBuster.jpg

Lasater 1625 (owned by Orr Beefmasters, TX)
This is the son of Lasater 7615
Lasater1625OrrHerdBull.jpg

Lasater 1526 (owned by Frenzel Beefmasters, TX)
Lasater1526DerekFrenzel.jpg

Lasater 4248 (owned by Frenzel Beefmasters, TX)
This is the son of Lasater 1526
Lasater4248DerekFrenzel.jpg

Casey 1-89 (owned by Casey Beefmasters)
Casey1-89WattCasey.jpg

I know these bulls' numbers aren't listed, but I'd like opinions. If you were going to use one of these 5, which would it be and why? You don't have to raise them to choose the best bull (in your opinion). Anyway, what do you think?

if i were to use any of em it would be 1526. thick stem to stern .good back, balanced testicals/ great sheath, a butt that wont quit solid color i like him

Let me rephrase just a little. I'd like to know which bull each of you would use. I also welcome all comments about any of the bulls. If you want to rank them, that works too.

Thanks.

I don't know much about bulls and even less about Beefmasters..
but I like the 3rd bull, which I think is Lasater 1526... to me he looks very balanced... my term for it anyway ;-)

Michele

East Caney":6972trup said:
Let me rephrase just a little. I'd like to know
  • which bull each of you would use
. I also welcome all comments about any of the bulls. If you want to rank them, that works too.

Thanks.
well theres only one me and 5 bulls. and if i were to use any it would be 1526. for the reasons i stated. all are nice but he is my pick of em without seeing papers

No, I'm buying daughters related to two of them. I might be buying the semen of two others. They're all from ranches who use foundation genetics. They're all ranches that I would strongly consider when purchasing cows or heifers. Just want opinions of which you all think is best. I wouldn't be ashamed to own any of them. I think they're all very good....some with better muscle, some with less sheath (or better angle), some with a stronger topline, some with more bone...but I like them all.

East Caney":22qqxwat said:
No, I buying daughters related to two of them. I might be buying the semen of two others. They're all from ranches who use foundation genetics. They're all of ranches that I would strongly consider when purchasing cows or heifers. Just want opinions of which you all think is best. I wouldn't be ashamed to own any of them. I think they're all very good....some with better muscle, some with less sheath (or better angle), some with a stronger topline, some with more bone...but I like them all.
1526 has all the positives of what usually is a negative of some beefmaster bulls. if i were looking for a BM bull i could'nt ask for more.

I own a beefmaster bull and at the risk of criticizing my own bull, I would use 1625. I like his length and proportion and muscle structure. I'm not too concerned with the coloring because once cattle is butchered the quality of the animal really comes to bare. I do appreciate that color does have some influence in the sales barns as I'm quickly learning. They're all good looking bulls and would use any of them for different purposes, but overall, my pick is 1625.

#3 or 1526 is my pick. He has a strong topline, good muscling, balanced in every way. The thing I do not like is the sheath. It could be the picture but to me it looks like it is too close to the ground. My next pick is 4248. The thing I did not like about the second bull was his head. It looked too long but that could be a beefmaster trait. I would like any one of them better if they were in my pasture.

To me Lasater 7615 would be my pick. He seems to have the Beefmaster traits that I like. Overall balanced and thickness. I like him best of the five pictured. Now just breed him on some big paint and white faced cows and see what his daughters look like.

glover36
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone else think someone should learn how to dehorn?

If Lasater ranch was "dehorning", I'd say yes. Since they leave all their animals "tipped", I'm gonna say no...I don't think they need to learn how to dehorn. Those tipped horns are almost like a Lasater signature. Everything coming off that ranch that has horns will have them tipped (as far as I've seen). Do I like completely dehorned animals better? Yes, most of the time. However, I'm starting to take a liking to the "tipped" look on those Lasater bulls. It could be the quality of bull that the "tipped" horn is on as well.

East Caney":3kv48p06 said:
glover36
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone else think someone should learn how to dehorn?

If Lasater ranch was "dehorning", I'd say yes. Since they leave all their animals "tipped", I'm gonna say no...I don't think they need to learn how to dehorn. Those tipped horns are almost like a Lasater signature. Everything coming off that ranch that has horns will have them tipped (as far as I've seen). Do I like completely dehorned animals better? Yes, most of the time. However, I'm starting to take a liking to the "tipped" look on those Lasater bulls. It could be the quality of bull that the "tipped" horn is on as well.

I agree the tipped horns are like a Lasater trademark.

JMO

#1 - 1625 Long & thick
#2 - 1526 Good length & thick
#3 - 7615 Balanced, a little sheathy
#4 - 4248 I don't like how he looks in the picture? JMO
#5 - 1-89 Another picture thing, something about his legs

JMO, too:

#1 - 1625 - Thick front to back, deep chest floor, level on top and bottom.

#2 - 4248 - Thick, no doubt, but not as deep in the chest floor as 1625

#3 - 1526 - He is put together well, but just has too much sheath and leather in the neck and brisket as the first 2 bulls.

#4 - 1-89 - Course made, not level in rear quarter and shallow made throughout, lack of adequate bone

#5 - 7615 - Same as 1-89

farmwife":106seetm said:
JMO, too:

#1 - 1625 - Thick front to back, deep chest floor, level on top and bottom.

#2 - 4248 - Thick, no doubt, but not as deep in the chest floor as 1625

• #3 - 1526 - He is put together well, but just has too much sheath and leather in the neck and brisket as the first 2 bulls

#4 - 1-89 - Course made, not level in rear quarter and shallow made throughout, lack of adequate bone

#5 - 7615 - Same as 1-89
are you judging 1526 on his sheath :shock: . i can see great replacements females coming from that rascal great udders with milk veins as big around as half dollars he is moma maker if i ever seen one.

I think all of these bulls are great I think and will work and be herd changers in any herd for that matter it would just depend on where your lacking or what you want but my pick of all the bulls I would have to say 1526 or 7615.I have seen offspring from both of these bulls and the results have been nothing less than exceptional.I also think 4248 and casey 1-89 are great bulls especially 4248 I think he may have chance to be just as good if not better than his father(1526) but all the bulls posted here are great.

daughters from any an all of the bulls shown would work.they are all great looking bulls.but you have to remember all bulls have strenghs an weaknesses.an all of the bulls are herd bulls in well known herds.so i say this.if your buying daughters of 1 or 2 bulls.pick the daughters that you really like an buy them.

Latest posts