Beef Brisket

Help Support CattleToday:

Best ones I had was skewered on a spit and turned slow over a fire built in a hole dug in the ground about 4 hrs..

Cook briskit SLOW for several hours. Make sure the layer of fat is on top. Probably wouldn't hurt to wrap briskit in foil. Probably cook around 250 to 275 deg. F....4-6 hours. Add some marinate to enhance flavor.

Running Arrow Bill":3d8enbiu said:
Cook briskit SLOW for several hours. Make sure the layer of fat is on top. Probably wouldn't hurt to wrap briskit in foil. Probably cook around 250 to 275 deg. F....4-6 hours. Add some marinate to enhance flavor.

That's pretty much what I do except I go longer than 6 hours. Mine get foil after 4 hours, sealed tight in the foil. By then they have had enough smoke anyway. Tight foil keeps them moist.

mccormick wet paste rub ( it is in a jar on the spice aile) rub all over meat ,put in pan and pour a can of coke over it and bake for 5-6 hours at 275

My dad will cook a brisket on the smoker for 12 hours. He wraps it in foil after about 5 or 6 hours. When he takes the brisket off you dont need a knife to cut it, it just falls apart. He makes his own sauce to. Now Im hungry, thanks a lot.

I can't let you know my secrets but I will tell you that usually the night before I cook one, I put mustard and the seasoning I'm using all over it and let if marinate in the refridgerator. Sounds nasty but it really adds some flavor.

i never understood why people wont put there recipe out for outhers , dont need it like the way i cook mine, just wonder why

We always smoke ours over Mesquite. We use a good marinade by Stubbs for beef and baste every time we add more chunks for the smoke.

Make sure you still have the fat on the brisket and use a disposable foil pan and cover with foil half way through to prevent it from drying out.

Good luck - cooking brisket is an art!

backhoeboogie":2as766e5 said:
Running Arrow Bill":2as766e5 said:

That's pretty much what I do except I go longer than 6 hours. Mine get foil after 4 hours, sealed tight in the foil. By then they have had enough smoke anyway. Tight foil keeps them moist.

Just like Mr. Bill and Backhoeboogie says, cook low and slow.
I have a cooker on a 5 x10 Trailer cooker and I cook them fat side up, just like Mr. Bill. You can put what ever you want to on it. Do like I do sometimes, just make something up. If it's not good, well you know not to do that any more. I cook it on 190 to 200 for 12 to 15 hours, sometimes longer if possible. Always try to get a good smoke on it. Any tree that produces a nut or fruit. I would love to try Mesquite but it's just not in my area. After 3.5 to 4.5 hours cover it good in foil.

Just like UCFlonghorn said cooking brisket is an art, and art to me is all ways fun. If i can help any more let me know.

Best of luck
Auburn_AG

Why is it that the Butchers do not give you the Brisket anymore? Is it something you have to ask special for now? What else do they use it for? Hamburger?

Kelly":cart77du said:
Why is it that the Butchers do not give you the Brisket anymore? Is it something you have to ask special for now? What else do they use it for? Hamburger?

Yes hamburger is what happens to most Briskets. The main reason is that no one knows how to prepare them. Also it take time and lots of it and and in todays life style no one has the time to prepare it. Its kinda like whole chickens, in todays stores you will only find one or two. There are more parts and pieces, because it is quick an easy.

Char it good over a hot fire; put it in a crockpot or other slower cooker on low all night -- I promise it'll be so good it'll make you slap your momma naked AND hide her clothes!!

I put mine in a slow cooker and turn it on low and go to work.
I just put on a little salt and pepper.
My mom takes it to a Bar-Ba-Que place, no offense to our southern brothers and sisters and they smoke it for her.
Look on the Food Network and look it up under Food 911. That guy cooks great.

Latest posts