@#$%! Beavers

Help Support CattleToday:

The best would be to get an experienced trapper in even if you have to pay him .Then ask If you can go along a time or 2 and learn how to trap them in the future The sooner you get them out the better, otherwise it likely turn into a jungle in a few yrs. there are also several good trapping site online ..trapperman, swamptalk, Sullivans etc Good luck

Bez+ said:
- but you might cut off the tails and sweet pickle them - excellent.

Bez+

Bez + :lol2: sounds tasty.. Wait till I tell my wife :lol: I have got a couple hundred tails in the freezer to submit for bounty. btwI have had beaver meatloaf was very good.

frenchie":3p9ork6s said:
The best would be to get an experienced trapper in even if you have to pay him .Then ask If you can go along a time or 2 and learn how to trap them in the future The sooner you get them out the better, otherwise it likely turn into a jungle in a few yrs. there are also several good trapping site online ..trapperman, swamptalk, Sullivans etc Good luck

Bez+":3p9ork6s said:
- but you might cut off the tails and sweet pickle them - excellent.

Bez+

Bez + :lol2: sounds tasty.. Wait till I tell my wife :lol: I have got a couple hundred tails in the freezer to submit for bounty. btwI have had beaver meatloaf was very good.

frenchie!

My goodness it has been a long time my friend

Send me a pm with your email - I will send you a fairly long response tomorrow

As for beaver tails - it was a Metis that fed them to me - she was as good looking as her food was tastey - unfortunately she took to a friend of mine (oops best not let the wife see this) - they have been married for thirty plus years now.

My very best

Bez+

When I lived in Alaska, the Natives ate fermented beaver tails. They figured out that the fermentation process moved faster if the tails were wrapped in plastic wrap first. Way too many times the helicopter would be flying someone out of a village into Anchorage to be treated for botulism as a result of this practice.

My oldest daughter went to an older native woman for daycare. Often this native lady would take her to her mothers for lunch ~ her mother was very old, maybe as old as dun. I would ask what they had for lunch, but I did not know the native words for the food, and after awhile I quit asking. :help:

angie":2bmkvlo6 said:
When I lived in Alaska, the Natives ate fermented beaver tails. They figured out that the fermentation process moved faster if the tails were wrapped in plastic wrap first. Way too many times the helicopter would be flying someone out of a village into Anchorage to be treated for botulism as a result of this practice.

My oldest daughter went to an older native woman for daycare. Often this native lady would take her to her mothers for lunch ~ her mother was very old, maybe as old as dun. I would ask what they had for lunch, but I did not know the native words for the food, and after awhile I quit asking. :help:
Smart to do that Angie.... :nod:

Dad live trapped beavers this winter--they were trying to stop up his over-flow pipe in a pond by his road. He didn't bait it--just put the trap in the water in front of the pipe.

Latest posts