Be careful where you park

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch

Reaction score
Went on a large knee high grass fire today in 45 mph winds,was NO fun. Caused by a guy who parked his pickup in high dead grass in his pasture. Yup the converter on his truck lit it up. Please be careful.

I have heard in the past that this happens but never knew of anyone it happend to.
Never the less i've always watched where I park my truck.
Here in montague county Tex we have everything needed to get a fire started. Had a good wet spring so therfore we have plenty dry vegetation for a fire to get started.I have dry grass about knee high in all my fields, and a good carpet of dry leaves in the woods. It's scary.

Cal

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1wf7epne said:
starbaby":1wf7epne said:
thank you for keeping us safe, i think fireman are wonderful!
I'm a Volunteer Fireman but we get our share of Fire and EMS calls.

Yall have a sireen on your trucks we still use the every which way but loose method. Lots of bugs in ones teeth in the summer and ice on the teeth in the winter.
:lol2:

Dusty-Trails":34mbyx7f said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":34mbyx7f said:
starbaby":34mbyx7f said:
thank you for keeping us safe, i think fireman are wonderful!
I'm a Volunteer Fireman but we get our share of Fire and EMS calls.

Yall have a sireen on your trucks we still use the every which way but loose method. Lots of bugs in ones teeth in the summer and ice on the teeth in the winter.
:lol2:
Yup,we are movin into the 80's,got sireens and windeers in them trucks now. :lol2:

Happened to me several years ago while I was trying to jump off a tractor. Converter started a grass fire under the truck. Thankfully, I had a shovel and put it out with dirt but not before it burned up $275 worth of plastic on the underside. What made it bad, once the fire started the smoke somehow shut the truck off - I assume it choked the intake and I couldn't start it to move it out of the way. Exciting few minutes to say the least.

Latest posts