BCS

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I really hate the BCS, I feel like they really screwed Wisconson. Sorry Kathie, but with their strength of schedule Boise State has no business being ranked as high as they are. This year I would really love to see 5 unbeaten teams at the end of the season, Ok/OSU, Bama/LSU, Wisconsin, Boise State, and while it means throwing my Ducks under the bus along with the Rose Bowl maybe even Stanford go undefeated..... But I reserve the right to flop my thoughts on that game in the next few weeks :D . I would just love to have some real rock throwing at the BCS system, even if it won't change anything. We need a plus one at least, but 5 unbeatens still leaves one team outside looking in.

Just my opinion, and watch out 3way, Ducks are coming to Colorado. :D

Alan

Alan":h9twq0hy said:
I really hate the BCS, I feel like they really screwed Wisconson. Sorry Kathie, but with their strength of schedule Boise State has no business being ranked as high as they are. This year I would really love to see 5 unbeaten teams at the end of the season, Ok/OSU, Bama/LSU, Wisconsin, Boise State, and while it means throwing my Ducks under the bus along with the Rose Bowl maybe even Stanford go undefeated..... But I reserve the right to flop my thoughts on that game in the next few weeks :D . I would just love to have some real rock throwing at the BCS system, even if it won't change anything. We need a plus one at least, but 5 unbeatens still leaves one team outside looking in.

Alan

I've expressed my opinion before, but I'm not shy. College football is leaving millions on the table by not having a playoff. The basketball playoffs are more profitable than anything the colleges promote. The NFL playoffs are the biggest draw in sports. The BCS championship is based on good old boys backslapping. Note: Katie's team can't get a chance.
Win or go home is the only way to determine a champ. Win, and we'll have a committee vote on whether your team is better than the other guys is a terrible way.

john250":27hzoudm said:
Alan":27hzoudm said:

Alan

I've expressed my opinion before, but I'm not shy. College football is leaving millions on the table by not having a playoff. The basketball playoffs are more profitable than anything the colleges promote. The NFL playoffs are the biggest draw in sports. The BCS championship is based on good old boys backslapping. Note: Katie's team can't get a chance.
Win or go home is the only way to determine a champ. Win, and we'll have a committee vote on whether your team is better than the other guys is a terrible way.

I hate the BCS :bang: . A playoff would instantly make college football the most popular sport in the US.

Ok/ okie st. Lsu / Bama can't all go undefieated .. only two can they play each other in the regular season .. actually both games are Nov .5 but as of right now there are 10 unbeaten teams .. so there could be 5 at the end ... I would also like to see a 8 team play off ..

JSCATTLE":tycxyzoc said:
Ok/ okie st. Lsu / Bama can't all go undefieated .. only two can they play each other in the regular season .. actually both games are Nov .5 but as of right now there are 10 unbeaten teams .. so there could be 5 at the end ... I would also like to see a 8 team play off ..
Of the ten four play each other, then K-State plays both Ok and Okie St. So there is a potential to have 7 undefeated teams. It will never happen, but having that many teams undefeated would do major damage to the BCS. I agree that an 8 team playoff would be the best solution.

Isomade":45wj83wy said:
JSCATTLE":45wj83wy said:
Of the ten four play each other, then K-State plays both Ok and Okie St. So there is a potential to have 7 undefeated teams. It will never happen, but having that many teams undefeated would do major damage to the BCS. I agree that an 8 team playoff would be the best solution.

Thanks for getting my point, of course OK and OSU both can't go undefeated. Just as LSU and Bama both can't go undefeated. But I did not think about chance of 7 going unbeaten, but i'm sure that will not happen, I just hate the BCS and agree a playoff would be bigger than the super bowl.

Alan

Way to go BCS Wisconsin ranked 6th goes on the road to play 16th ranked MSU and lost on the last play of the game and drops nine spots, no3 OU lost at home to unranked Texas Tech and drops six spots. :bs:

haase":13qy7193 said:
Way to go BCS Wisconsin ranked 6th goes on the road to play 16th ranked MSU and lost on the last play of the game and drops nine spots, no3 OU lost at home to unranked Texas Tech and drops six spots. :bs:

You tell me haase...then some unranked team beats another unranked team and moves up 8 spots. :mad:

Lets face it.. it is what it is.. the BSC.. (notice I said BSc series...) Until they pull their heads out.. and get it right. there will always be a huge discrepancy in who is the real champion. REmember.. ESPN controls almost everything having to do with college football...

You're right -- BSU doesn't have a decent squad of either back-slappers or brown-nosers, so they'll probably just continue to play good ball like they always have, and continue to be the bench-sitters for the big dances.

Kathie in Thorp":39x2z7aa said:
You're right -- BSU doesn't have a decent squad of either back-slappers or brown-nosers, so they'll probably just continue to play good ball like they always have, and continue to be the bench-sitters for the big dances.

How's the women's tennis program going? Okay they break rules like every other good team. But as far as missing the big dance all they have to do is join a better conference as TCU did. I know the big east was looking at them, they should be pounding on the big 12's door as loud and long as they can. Then get a chance at all the dances, just have to get by Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma St......

Alan

Alan -- Not a clue about the tennis program -- WTH was that comment? And, as I've said a bunch of times, I don't understand all the politics of NCAA football. We'll just see how the season goes . . .

Sorry about your Ducks. You sound a little cranky. :hide:

Kathie in Thorp":3dsx7bwe said:
Alan -- Not a clue about the tennis program -- WTH was that comment? And, as I've said a bunch of times, I don't understand all the politics of NCAA football. We'll just see how the season goes . . .

Sorry about your Ducks. You sound a little cranky. :hide:

Sorry Kathie, I'm always cranky this time of night, I only get about half of what I plan for the day done. Here's what I was referring to about the tennis team. The women's tennis team is what got the NCAA looking at Boise State, including the football program. With that oregon has the NCAA on their tail end also, but as Auburn just learned we will see. Here's one of the many links.

Alan

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/pub ... ive+sports

Alan, as I've SAID BEFORE, if the BSU sports program people need to be spanked, then spank 'em! Thought this was also a recently interesting blurb, and it's probably what all of us have been talking about, about BSU FB moving up:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/10/2 ... ening.html

Hope your day tomorrow is better, buddy. You can continue to talk to me about who needs to go where, and do what, and I still won't get it. I just watch BSU football and cheer for them. :clap: I'm a "simple" fan.

Kathie, wether you like or not you are more than a simple fan. Which is great, you should look deeper into college sports (football). I do like your weekly post on the bronco's games, but dive in all the way and see why the Ducks paid $25000 for a service that helped the get a running back that never played a down. Why the Big 12 is on the rebound, why the BCS sucks. Boise state, like Oregon has some questions to answer to the NCAA... As does most of the elite college football teams in the nation. So.... Nothing personal, just enjoy the hobby, as does Van, TexasBred, JS, GaPrime, Alan, ect.

BTW, we love the fruit stand at Thorp, our grand daughters love the unique gifts they sell. Last time we bought straws that turn milk into chocolate milk. We stop every time we can get over White pass.

Alan

Alan":v2locwps said:
Kathie, wether you like or not you are more than a simple fan. Which is great, you should look deeper into college sports (football). I do like your weekly post on the bronco's games, but dive in all the way and see why the Ducks paid $25000 for a service that helped the get a running back that never played a down. Why the Big 12 is on the rebound, why the BCS sucks. Boise state, like Oregon has some questions to answer to the NCAA... As does most of the elite college football teams in the nation. So.... Nothing personal, just enjoy the hobby, as does Van, TexasBred, JS, GaPrime, Alan, ect.

BTW, we love the fruit stand at Thorp, our grand daughters love the unique gifts they sell. Last time we bought straws that turn milk into chocolate milk. We stop every time we can get over White pass.

Alan

Alan, I'll never be much more than a simple (but dedicated) fan -- I read about what's going on w/ BSU, but I still don't understand it all, and am totally lost when the rest of y'all debate it. I really don't want to get in very deep! I'll continue to keep you posted (and thanks for appreciating that!).

Fruit stand at Thorp is good! With the new AM/PM, it's better. We're only about 5 mi. away.

Good enough, they are not back slappers and brown nosers?

Nuf said, dive all the way into the great world of college football. Very few are innocent.

Alan

Kathie in Thorp":183tqmgf said:
This isn't a "fight" on my end. I'm a fan. Simple.
:clap: :clap: Same here .... I enjoy any good college football game and have really enjoyed BSU the past several years. Got to following Oregon last year and even "bought me a couple of caps". Heck I can even pull for the University of Texas if they're playing the Taliban.

Latest posts