BBQ Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pheasant breasts

Help Support CattleToday:

Taurus

Reaction score
602376_4208245960894_288071421_n.jpg

I made them last night...unbelieveable delicious!

ga.prime":22n68wb9 said:
Taurus":22n68wb9 said:
I never had a dove breast before so I have no idea what they tastes like.
Like squirrel except worse.

Went to a wild game dinner at my buddies house tonight. He made Dove breasts in a gravy with mushrooms. Unbelievable!

Here's the rest of the menu.

Whitetail sausage.
Lobster Ravioli in a cream sauce
Cheese Ravioli in red sauce
Elk Steak
Duck breast
Italian sausage
Meatballs
Homemade Italian bread
Endive salad
Tomato and pepper salad
Fresh Figs From California
Sweet Potato pie.
Homemade Cabernet Sauvignion
Homemade Syrrah

One of the 5 meals i ever ate.

That looks good Taurus. Ever marinated the skewers in zesty italian dressing before cooking? Pretty good that is.

They look great! I use to hunt dove a bit and always thought they tasted great. But we have very few dove on the west (wet) side of Oregon and even fewer pheasant. The ground is too wet for pheasant nest to survive, I really don't understand why we don't have more doves. I do love grouse though just hard to get in the thick brush over here. Always love the food pics and tips

To add to the dove breast thing, add a slice of jalapeno pepper and maybe a slice of onion in with the bacon wrapped around the breast. Makes it that much better, may be a Texas thing though.

calfbuyer":26x895cd said:
To add to the dove breast thing, add a slice of jalapeno pepper and maybe a slice of onion in with the bacon wrapped around the breast. Makes it that much better, may be a Texas thing though.
I will have to mention this recipe to my buddy, he does dove hunting at Crookston.

Latest posts