Banks Polled Herefords on Saturday

Help Support CattleToday:

I visited with Jim Reed. I think he said they averaged around the 2800 range.

He said it was a good sale. I think 2L brought 7500 going to MN.

Anyone watch the JJD sale today?

Brian

I watched a little of it. Saw the top bulls sell and most the donor cows. Nasdaq brought 40k or close to it. The red mile bull brought around 6-7k. Some of the donor cows were bringing around 10k maybe some a little more. I didn't write anything down b/c I didn't have a catalog, but george (hereford.us) probably has some real accurate prices.

We didn't make it to Detweillers. Doug's sale was nice weather, good food, great friends, but I think there was some real bargains available.

I didn't keep records on what the JJD cattle brought. I only watched until the Mr. Gold bull sold, because I had some interest in buying him, but not at the price he brought. He sold for $15,000+. They didn't mention any semen going with him, so I assumed I'd have to get him collected as well. I think I'll try to pick up a few straws of his semen in the Lagrand sale.

Atlas Farms, the breeder of my herd bull, bought the Nasdaq bull calf I had interest in. He was out a full sister to Mr. Gold. Since he's coming to Texas anyway, I'll get to see him close up and hopefully wrangle some semen out of Jimmy and Claudia, if I want some.

I really wanted to go to the JJD sale, but couldn't get my schedule arranged to do it.

George

:welcome:

I watched quite a bit of the JJD sale. I thought things sold pretty well. I tried to buy the lot 3 cow. She was 17 years old and brought $11,300. Picked up a few embyros out of her and some from the 662 cow so hopefully I can add a couple new cow families to my operation.

Brian

The top end of the JJD sale

Lot 1 Nasdaq - 46,000 to Shafer in TX
Lot 5 Mr Gold - 15,750 to Grassy Run, WV
Lot 3 - 112 Cow - 11,300 to C&L WI
Lot 4 - Victoria Gold - 16,000 to Grassy Run, WV
Lot 10 THM 1026 cow - 11,000 to Grassy Run, WV
Lot 8a Mr Gold heifer - 10,750 to SV Cattle, DE
Lot 42 Rausch cow - 12,000 to Grassy Run, WV

herefordchick":253qj0tf said:
The top end of the JJD sale

Lot 1 Nasdaq - 46,000 to Shafer in TX
Lot 5 Mr Gold - 15,750 to Grassy Run, WV
Lot 3 - 112 Cow - 11,300 to C&L WI
Lot 4 - Victoria Gold - 16,000 to Grassy Run, WV
Lot 10 THM 1026 cow - 11,000 to Grassy Run, WV
Lot 8a Mr Gold heifer - 10,750 to SV Cattle, DE
Lot 42 Rausch cow - 12,000 to Grassy Run, WV

I never heard of Grassy Run, so I googled the name and found their website. They've been accumulating some powerful animals. Do you know how long they've been in the business?

Latest posts