Bandit Fisherman

Help Support CattleToday:

gerardplauche

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this bandit?

Picture_0053.jpg

I would say he is either leaving a crime seen or be forgot to take of his mask after he was out stealing something, typical!

With no rods in sight, running shoes clearly visible, mask and camo, I'm gonna haveta guess the gill net is in the water and he's fixing to make a strike on some mullet. I love mullet. :p

Good observations Jogeephus.
With that cheap trolling motor battery and that Miller Lite can on the floor I bet they were trolling by someone else's crab traps in the marsh to see what they could get for free.

Maybe he was going pull a heist on a bait shop.

It's as simple as "This guy is a thief". It is obvious from the photo. It really irritates me to know that these guys are going around during winter months stealing property from camp owners. This sort of thing really boils my blood. Lucky I had the long-range zoom to capture the photo. I will let the police handle this one. It will be hard to solve since he has the "bandit" mask on, but I figure with the rest of the detail, they can locate him.

gerardplauche,
I wish you could have gotten a pic of the "Bandit's" truck.
I'm sure he is the kind of guy that has a bald back right tire and slack in the transmission.
Burt Reynolds was a great "Bandit", but this guy is a hardened criminal.
Good Luck catching this guy. I bet he would have stolen your camera had he gotten the opportunity.

As long as you are asking for any thoughts on this bandit I would say he could stand to lose a few pounds.

About a year ago, someone (probably a bandit like this guy) broke into my camp and stole all kinds of things; rubber hoses, a dog collar, cuban cigars, etc. It really ticked me off, so now I am always on the lookout for strangers around the area.

I know where you are coming from- last year I bought an electric sump pump and a 2" Honda gas pump and about 60' of 2" hose with quick-connects for our camp (it sits on an old work-barge in the marsh) Some criminals roaming the area saw the hose hanging out of one of the wing-tank- so they stole not only the sump pump in the wing-tank but also took the Honda gas pump that was chained to the barge and all of my hose!!

I have cut the emergency ladder off of the barge since hoping that that will be a deterrant.

gerardplauche":2wfqorgh said:
One question:

What's all the rope for?????

Being he's not part of your entourage, I would assume the rope is so he can quitely pull a boat out of a slip to a more secluded spot to do his stealing. I can't stand a thief. I think I would have had to find out a little more info from him. If things didn't sound right, I would have called the DNR and told them someone had a gill net or was scalloping in the area. Within minutes, the place would have been swarming with law. A simple case of thievery doesn't seem to get a rise out of anyone since there is no fine money involved. Heck, a gill net in Florida waters would warrant at least one helicopter as well. Just my observation.

I thought he was well fed and finishing off nicely.

I don't know anything about that other stuff.

I'm trying not to be cynical dun. I just get worked up when it comes to this. Ever had anybody steal from you before? :devil2: I see that you changed your signature - nice.

A shotgun blast to the bottom of that boat would have slowed down that bandit's activity.

He'd probably go faster if he'd put that trolling motor all the way down in the water. Looks like he just noticed his watch is missing...must have fell off at the crime scene. Probably stole it too.

There have been reports of modern day "cattle rustlers" around southwest Louisiana stealing shorthorns. After Hurricane Rita hit the area, many of the cattle from the Shorthorn herds were found dead, but even larger numbers were MIA. I guess it was a free-for-all. I guess it's real easy to build a herd that way... :cowboy:

Latest posts