Banding

Help Support CattleToday:

T Diamond

Reaction score
We banded our boys 3 weeks ago and I was wondering how long for the scrotum to fall off. Do we need to cut them off or just leave them alone?

T Diamond":rx212bak said:
We banded our boys 3 weeks ago and I was wondering how long for the scrotum to fall off. Do we need to cut them off or just leave them alone?

DO NOT cut them you are just asking for trouble!

A lot depends on the size of the scrotum. I've seen them fall of in 2 weeks and others that took 2 months. Leave themn alone and one day you'll just realize it's gone and won;t know when it actually fell ofrf.

I BAND ALL MY OWN WITHIN A WEEK OF BIRTH. IT SEEMS LIKE THEY FALL OFF IN ABOUT SIX WEEKS. DON'T GO MESSING WITH THEM (CUTTING). EVERYTHING WILL HAPPEN WHEN ITS SUPPOSE TO...

T Diamond":16so38j3 said:
How old are "the boys"?? We've banded some pretty big guys and it takes a while but you can tell they're getting ready when they are flat & dry... (like a pancake hanging under there)...and then one day....gone.

Latest posts