Bambi Baby Boy

Help Support CattleToday:

bambi_boy

Reaction score
162624.jpg

162650.jpg

I am so proud of him, will have been here a week tomorrow. Doing very well.

Thank you to all who have answered questions~

Healthy, happy, and full of himself. Ya'll should be proud. :) (and I know you are)

Alice

Good looking calf . Now I see how your getting rid of all that milk . :) Poppin good calf !

Larry

That was him at 6 days old. He is 11 days old now, will get a new picture maybe tomorrow...him being here a full week.

He is too cute, confirmation wise, I have NO clue - love him anyway.

lol, yes it is a collar :lol: . He has a stylish calf halter, but it is WAY to big for him, would hate to be the cow that gives birth to the calf that the halter would fit!!

hrbelgians - had to look twice, as Belgians is the breed of dog that I raise :D

bambi_boy":3d3gw5i8 said:
lol, yes it is a collar :lol: . He has a stylish calf halter, but it is WAY to big for him, would hate to be the cow that gives birth to the calf that the halter would fit!!

hrbelgians - had to look twice, as Belgians is the breed of dog that I raise :D

Sorry, not dogs this time but rather draft horses for showing and hitching competitions!

He really is adorable. I would take off the collar though, if there is anything that he can get hung up on he could get in trouble, may even strangle himself. We had a horse once that got hung up by her halter when she was sent out. She suffered severe brain damage. Since then nothing around here has a halter and the dogs don't get collars.

that calf is too cute an so full of hisself.he has that i love tobe in pics look on his face.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2w8scmvc said:
Only problems i see is the chain link fence. That wont keep him in to long. Secondly has be been cut yet? What are your intentions for this fella? Cattle arent pets. They are unpredicatble and can kill you before you can even blink. Especially holstein bulls.

ok, I'm gonna jump right out here and ask...exactly what is wrong with the chain link fence? Why won't it hold the calf very long? Hog panels hold them, cattle panels hold them...seems like chain link would be just fine to hold them. The only thing I can find at all negative about having a chain link fence is that it can't be moved periodically.

Alice

a chainlink fence will hold any cow calf or bull.an i know this tobe a fact.because ive kept cows heifers an bulls in 1 if need be.it wont hold them if they decide to jump it.ni fence will hold them if they want to jump.

bigbull338":2h9w6w3s said:
a chainlink fence will hold any cow calf or bull.an i know this tobe a fact.because ive kept cows heifers an bulls in 1 if need be.it wont hold them if they decide to jump it.ni fence will hold them if they want to jump.

The only problem I've ever seen with chainlink is they seem to love to rub the whole length of it and it gets bowed out.

That is a 9 guage 6 foot chain link that is hardware attached & streatched every 50 feet. He is actually in my back yard right now (2 acres), I don't want to let him loose on the 10 acres yet. When he does get big enough to be in the 10 acres, then he won't have anything on. That collar was on the first day so that there was a way for us to "catch" him. It was only on that day, as now when he sees us he "comes a runnin" so I don't need anything.

He is not cut yet, I have 2 other bull calves coming, and my vet said to wait till the others were there, and he would handle it all at the same time. No - he won't be keeping his "jewels"

I'm glad to know he's getting some company...he'll thrive on that.

Alice

TNMasterBeefProducer":1jvuty4t said:
Amen and then that weakens the fence dun and then the next thing ya know you got escapees.

I never had a problem with them geting out, just making the fence unsightly.

The 10 acres is field fenced (graduated wire) with t-post every 6 feet with barbed wire top line. Should this be good enough?

Yes, it should be good enough. Might not hold them in graze, I don;t know where you are from ~ but it should hold them.

Latest posts