Baling Twine

Help Support CattleToday:

Cousin uses the same type of stuff. He's killed a few of his cows because he did not make sure the twine was all picked up.

I was wondering if there was any chance of a cow choking on the twine.

I've never seen them choke on it. I have pulled some out of cows mouths while they were trying to eat it along with the hay. They get pretty excited when we bring out a bale or two on a really cold morning.
Cousin will dump his dead cows at our dump :mad: and after mother nature took it's course we would see large balls of twine inside where the stomach was.
Made us even more cautious about removing twine.

Caustic Burno":3bkx2lt8 said:
simangus23":3bkx2lt8 said:
Thats ok Texasbred we had to fight the Comanches back in the day and as you can see thay are all gone...

That's just like a lil man to play the race card when he feels he is losing the war, as the battle has long been over.

Don't even go there. You are long way from being cut from that cloth.
You and 99% of Americans today would run like a pee waddlin dog if Buffalo Hump or Quanah Parker showed up on a ridge.

It is quite apparent you don't know Texas history cause we never defeated them.Quanah Parker was the last Chief of the Commanches and never lost a battle to the white man. His tribe roamed over the area where Pampa stands. He was never captured by the Army, but decided to surrender and lead his tribe into the white man's culture, only when he saw that there was no alternative. His was the last tribe in the Staked Plains to come into the reservation system.
How in the world do you start off talking about baling twine and end up with this ? :?

Larry

Does anyone know of a problem with cattle eating sisal baling twine? I would like to use it and not take the string off of the bales. I guess that if it doesn't lay long enough it will get in the beaters on my spreader when I clean up.

Latest posts