Bale trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

I slide 4 fairly easy with the same set up. Not sure what 3 more would be like. Freshly rolled hay, I'd give it a good possibility.

Should work, unless it's really light. I can load 9 with my 5420 JD (65 hp) 2wd. It has fluid in the rear tires but no other extra weight. I was a little concerned it wouldn't work, but it does. Probably haven't done it with anything much over 1200 lb bales, but they were no problem. I'm sure if the bales weren't pretty tight it could get a little tougher.

Just point the truck/trailer down hill if you can and block the wheels on the truck. Let gravity help you. Fresh bales are lots easier to load also. If you get too many bales on the back end the trucks rear tires have been known to come off the ground and the truck can roll. I usually put mine in 4wd low when loading and block wheels.

Just got one this year so experience is limited. You should be able to push dry bales with no problem. Wet silage bales are a different story. I have to load them from the side but I have a FEL with a good setup for that.There is a Graphite spray on paint called EZ-Slide (I think) that does help but will need to be reapplied after some amount of use.

Latest posts